We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices

Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Prices

Hi,

When I have mention to a few people that we will be going to Cyprus they have all said it's really expensive, what I want to know is how expensive. Can someone tell me e.g. how much is a pint of beer or a glass of wine, or maybe a cup of tea, bottled water etc.

Thanks for any help.

Yvonne.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices

Yes, it can be expensive since Cyprus went into the Euro at a high rate. It depends where you are staying and where you want to drink etc. Recently I have paid between €2 and €5 for a brandy sour the cheapest being in a small bar near to Arsinoe Hotel. The dearest being in a 3* hotel but the surroundings were very nice! If you expect between €2 - €4 for drinks to include beers, wines and cocktails you should find within that range.

A pint of Keo beer is usually quoted outside the bars and I've seen it from under two euros but 2.5 is more average.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices

Thanks for your reply cypriotpal, We have actually booked to stay in the Arsinoe Hotel. The reviews are really mixed and honestly I don't know what to believe. Quite honestly as long as it's clean and we can get something to eat at breakfast and dinner I'm not hard to please. What would be your honest opinion of the Arsinoe.

Thanks again for your reply.

Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices

I stayed 1 night in the Arsinoe last November. Then it was clean but tired and some rooms can be very noisy from traffic. I only had breakfast which was OK but only only the smell of bacon but I never found it. Staff were helpful. My expectations from the price I paid were met.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices

I stayed at Arsinoe for 4 nights in June with my family. We had 3 adjacent rooms - two being twins as singles. The rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable in my room. All three rooms had double beds in, and so we had to bring in a single to one room so that brother and sister didn't have to share a bed. The reception were very quick to arrange this. Arsinoe is in a good place and close by is George's Restaurant. It gives excellent value for money. There is also a bar offering breakfast for €2! The food in the hotel didn't impress but for the price we paid it was fair. As we were at the front of the hotel we slept with the windows shut and had a/c on for a little whilst we got to sleep. Luxury - no but you have to look at what you pay. I am probably going back in February. Next to the hotel is Mianco bar - popular with local ex-pats, locals and tourists alike. The prices there are very good as are their drinks.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
27 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices

Yvonne there is a new book launched over there this year. The Entertainer Cyprus. We use it in Dubai and tried it 2 weeks ago in Limassol. In 2 weeks we saved in excess of €700 on dining and attractions (tgi Fridays, noodle house, waterpark, golf etc)

they are delivering it free word wide at the moment too www.theentertainerme.com

Hope this helps and you have a great time.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Dubai
Dubai
Emirate of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
Derry, United...
Level Contributor
535 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices

Hi Fredcyprus and cypriotpal,

Thank you so much for your very prompt replies about the Arsinoe. That's put my mind at rest, I read these reviews and start worrying, but I know that you both give a lot of advice on this forum and that I can trust what both of you say.

Thanks got2bfunky for the advice about the book. I'll look into it.

Once again thanks for all the help.

7. Re: Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 16:19