We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Iron

My other half is wondering if there is an iron in the room, or do we have to bring our own.

Thanks for your help

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Iron

sorry i meant to say we are stopping at the Atlantice Bay Hotel

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iron

HI, I think that you can hire one for a fee. I take my own, and small kettle, but make sure you leave it out of sight from the cleaners as most hotels will confiscate them until you leave. Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,281 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iron

Most good hotels will just bring one to your room if you contact housekeeping.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Iron

When we stayed there we didn't have an iron in our room so we took a travel one and put it on the dressing table after we had used it and then put in the bottom of the wardrobe once it had cooled down. If we have stayed on A/I basis there has always been a kettle in the room but not if we have booked HB only,

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
787 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Iron

Hotels provide somewhere you can iron safely with a board but no hotel likes you to use one in your room. The amount of iron shapes on carpets and furniture explains why they don't like it. Hiding one away is not the answer just ask at reception and no hotel should turn you down.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Iron

I always take a travel iron as I have stayed in even 5star hotels that have not had ironing facilities unless you pay them to iron for you. I have never ironed on the floor or hidden the iron away and have never been told about it. There is usually a coffee table in the room and I cover it with the bath towels and iron on that. I leave the iron out until it has cooled down and stay in the room until it has cooled down. I have never had an accident or caused any damage. If there are ironing facilities then I just leave the iron in my case and as it's a travel iron it does not weigh much.

7. Re: Iron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations