We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

Hello

I wonder if you can help me. My friend and I are looking for a holiday in May for a week. The criteria is: Hot and to have the option of a good nightlife for 26 year old girls. As it’s only a week we don’t really want to go anywhere outside Europe. Does Limassol tick all those boxes? I have been to Protaras/Ayia Napa in May and it was really hot, however I think we are too old for that area anymore and would like something with a little bit more culture.

Any help gratefully received!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

Yes

Surrey
Level Contributor
27 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

Thanks Fred. Will it be busy in May?

cyprus
Level Contributor
47 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

By my standards it will not be hot in May (around 11-27 Celsius) in Limassol but it will be warm and you can sit by the beach etc. Limassol is a vibrant city all year round with lots of hotels - to suit all budgets- and excellent nightlife for all ages and tastes. It all depends what your looking for and what your budget is. Also Limassol is a great starting point for day trips to the mountains and wine making villages of the districts.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

Hi,yes Limassol should be fairly warm in May,as the above poster has said ,there is always a buzz there. as it is a working town it doe,s not rely so much on tourists as other resorts.there are some good restaurants around the four seasons area, but my favorite place at night is the area around Limassol Castle.

The night life is good in the tourist area.for your age group, try

The basement

rumours

replay

breeze bar

just to name a few. Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,909 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

sorry I got timed out on edit, you can also use your, daily/ weekly bus ticket, from the bus station, at the old hospital, to visit places such as, Klossi Castle,

kourion Ruins, platres mountain village,mount olympus.

limassolbuses.com

Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,548 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

I suppose it depends when in May you are thinking of going. We have had very hot weather at the end of May in Limassol. I agree with the others that it could suit you very well. There are lots of different areas along the coast road with different levels of activity. The old town has lots of new up and coming restaurants/bars these days and you will find plenty of activity in the tourist area.

As sunnycy says it is a good starting point for any trips you might want to make.

7. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 11:39
8. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2012, 11:39
9. Re: Is Limassol the destination for a hot holiday in May?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:16