We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses from Limassol to paphos?

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Buses from Limassol to paphos?

Hi,

My mum and I shall be visit Cyprus next week, staying in the Limassol area. We'd really like to visit Paphos for the day for some sightseeing. Could anyone advise as to whether buses actually run between the two places? If they do, roughly how regular do they run for that time of year and what is approx cost?

Many thanks in advance

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

Hi, I have seen buses heading for Paphos, from Limassol, fare should not be much, its 7.50 euro return to Larnaca and its the same distance.

limassolbuses.com or use travel express taxi. 77777474 it is a shared one they run until around 6-30 at night cost around 12 euro each way, book an hour or so before you want it they get busy,

Julie

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

It's 3 euros each way and the terminus in Paphos is Karvella bus station which is in the old town. It's a nice stroll from there (and downhill!) to Kato Paphos and the harbour, and you could get a local bus back up to connect with your return bus. The journey is less than an hour.

Personally, I don't like the shared taxi (travel express). It's a cramped mini bus, and takes whichever route it needs to cover for individual pick ups, so a longer journey.

Enjoy!

Trisha

Edited: 31 March 2012, 14:28
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

PS

Found the leaflet! The website is www.intercity-buses.com

The pick up points in Limassol are - "New Limassol Port", "Old Limassol Port" and "Saint George Havouzas" (the last one is where the connection to Larnaca airport is).

The fare is 3 euros per trip or 5 euros for a one day ticket.

The last bus leaves Paphos at 6pm Mon - Fri, and 4pm Sat and Sun.

Trisha

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

Thank you for your replies. Hopefully the bus stop won't be too far from our hotel in Limassol.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

From any Limassol hotel the No. 30 will take you to the old harbour from where you can pick up the bus.

Bristol
Level Contributor
37 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

I am thinking of going the other way next week, staying at Paphos and thinking of going to Larnaka or Limassol, which is best for a day trip?

. I know Paphos old town and bus station, went there last time in old town.

Thanks

Sue

Edited: 01 September 2012, 16:50
UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

I didn't rate Limassol at all on my visit earlier this year. I'd head for Larnaka instead.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

I agree I think Larnaca is the better choice, I do like Limassol, but Larnaca is more laid back.Julie

9. Re: Buses from Limassol to paphos?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2013, 10:16