We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in april

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Weather in april

Hi,

Please can anyone help. I'm looking to go for a weeks holiday somewhere in europe for my birthday next week but not sure where to go where theres guaranteed warm weather. Can anyone recommend anywhere ??

Looked at marbella and portugal but forecast is rain for next week.

Thinking of cyprus or crete but which resort is best? ... I like busy nightlife with plenty of bars and restaraunts and sandy beach.

Any advice would be much appreciated, including other places you can recommend.

Larnaka City, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Larnaka District, Larnaka City
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in april

Well, its warm enough at the moment for sunbathing, but not for swimming IMO. It is certainly getting warmer, however as this is still April, no-one can guarantee that rainy season is over.

You could find great sandy beaches is Easter coast ie Ayia Napa, Protaras area, and sandy beaches in the rest of the island.

In general, there are plenty of bars and restaurants in every city in Cyprus, so I am sure you'll enjoy wherever you choose to go.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in april

Hi, we had a phone call from a friend in Limassol, yesterday, he said its nice -warm,I think it will be colder in Crete at this time of year. cyprus will def be warmer than it is here in the uk. we are freezing. but it will still be cold at night,take clothes so you can dress in layers in the daytime, and a warm jacket or fleece for the evening.

beaches the best ones are from larnaca down to pernera/protaras/napa.

there is a good selection of bars in all of the above.

while the summer season has just started places will not be so packed from pernera-napa. larnaca will be busier as it is a working town as with limassol but beaches in limassol are not that good.

tenerife should be allot warmer.Julie

London, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in april

Thanks for your help...would you say lanarca has more choice than Limassol in terms of bars/restaraunts?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
169 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in april

Hello

Yes it will be quite cold in the evening and make sure you get accommodation with central heating - for the evenings - yes you may laugh at this but Cyprus have experienced one of their coldest winters on record so even when UK is very cold we still have central heating to keep us warm yes it will be getting warmer during the day but quite cold in the evening - but as the previous posting has stated Tenerife is much warmer for sure at this time of year.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,988 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in april

While there is a good choice of bars-places to eat in Larnaca, there is more choice if you stay in Limassol, about 45 minutes from either larnaca or paphos.limassols nightlife is always buzzing, esp in the tourist area and the area surrounding limassol castle the old port end.

Limassol is a very good base to stay if you want to get out and about a bit, as it is centre of the island.

yes poor old Cyprus has had the coldest, wettest winter in years,I feel for the folk living in the mountain village areas. Julie

6. Re: Weather in april

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 21:17