We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Larnaca vs Limassol

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Larnaca vs Limassol

First trip to Cyprus (October)

We are flying into Larnaca (arriving in the evening) and leave on a cruise the following day from Limassol. At the end of the cruise we have 2 full days before flying back out of Larnaca (mid day flight).

We won't be driving and are thinking of booking the same hotel in either Limassol or Larnaca for before and after the cruise. Would we be better to look for one in Limassol or Larnaca keeping in mind for our 2 days we would likely do one tour (not driving) and would want to be able to walk to places to eat and such and 'would be nice' to be on a beach.

Thanks for any help!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Larnaca vs Limassol

Hi, if you stay in Larnaca ,there is a beautiful palm fringed beach right on the prom in the town center. The prom is lined with restaurants all the way up.in Limassol the beaches are not so good.

I would book somewhere in Limassol before your cruise,no mad rush to get to the port for your departure, then on the way back book Larnaca, you are closer to the airport.

You could have a look at the Sun Hall in Larnaca across from the beach, there is another one I can,t think of the name I will get back to you later. with the name of a tour operator.

If you wish it is easy to get from town-town by bus, the intercity buses to Nicosia-Ayia Napa stop on Larnaca prom.Julie

Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
723 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Larnaca vs Limassol

Thanks Julie!

I did see the buses seemed pretty reasonable to get from one town to the other which is nice. Your suggestion was my first thought - pre-cruise in Limassol and then Larnaca post cruise - and then I flipped to think I should just book the same hotel and location for both. Now I'm flopping back to Limassol then Larnaca again as per your suggestion - I think I just needed to hear from someone else that it makes sense (-:

3. Re: Larnaca vs Limassol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations