We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limassol Marina

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
338 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Limassol Marina

Can anyone tell me if the new marina is open and finished now?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limassol Marina

It isn't expected to be finished until the end of the year with the official opening in Spring 2014. It did start taking boats in May of this year though.

Deal, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
338 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limassol Marina

What a shame as we are there at the end of september and was hoping it would be finished as when we were there two years ago it looked really fantastic never mind

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limassol Marina

the Limassol Marina is opened, there are coffe shops restaurants, realy nice place. There are parts of the Marina that are not fineshed yet. so Marina is partly opened.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limassol Marina

Hi, the marina opened on June 6th ,the official opening is on the 19th .there are some good clips on youtube see Limassol this month.Julie

Edited: 12 June 2014, 12:02
Hampshire
Level Contributor
22 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limassol Marina

Can you let me know whereabouts it is (sounds like a daft question) - is it by the old port end of Limassol or up past the Hotel Mediterrean end?

Many thanks

Lou

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Limassol Marina

Hi, it is at the old port end of Limassol there is a small marina in front of the San Raphael hotel owned by the hotel .Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Limassol Marina

I think half of Cyprus turned up at the marina this week. It was almost impossible to eat there it was really busy. The shops are still not open though.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Limassol Marina

I think that everything is supposed to be fully open by tomorrow the 19th ,I can't say that I would like to be down there for the opening the crowds would drive me mad.Julie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
317 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Limassol Marina

We were at the New Limassol Marina on Father's Day (June) and it was pretty much open then with the exception of a few restaurants and the spa. No shops are open yet as far as I'm aware.

We were very much impressed and it really seems that this is finally something that Cyprus has got right! It's not over-built and feels open and spacious. Some fab boats/yachts moored up there too and fantastic for photographers.

I would recommend going midweek rather than at the weekend but most definitely avoid Sunday afternoon!

Some photos from our visit here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjYYFxct

10. Re: Limassol Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:16