We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

Dillon, CO.
Level Contributor
31 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

I am not sure where we will be staying, but we are traveling to Limassol for medical procedures for a duration of 14 days in January. We wanted to stay somewhere nice by the beach. not sure if you can swim at that time of year, but the medical part of it is the main thing so I was wondering if navigating the bus system to reach our clinic is easy enough. I saw its only 15 euro or so for a week pass on the bus system so if we can do this to go back and fourth to reach the clinic it would be ideal. I am looking at staying close by the beach like Elias beach or something like that and the clinic is called Genesis Clinic which is located at 45 Limassol, Cyprus. Thanks in Advance!!! and what are the nicer areas to be in by the beach?

Greenhithe, Kent...
Level Contributor
594 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

As English is the 2nd language the drivers are usually very helpful.

Here is the web site for the bus net work for the whole island which you can select for your location. www.cyprusbybus.com.

it provides you with the routes and the number buses you will need together with the frequency. I believe you can buy the weekly tickets on the bus but in some instances you may have to go to the bus station terminus. Not sure if a small passport picture is required or if that's for a monthly ticket.

There are the local bus around town and then the inter cities buses that connect the other main towns and capital. All good services and very reasonable costs.

If you check out the Cyprus tourism web site that will give you information on the nearest beaches. Not really sea swimming weather in January as it's Cyprus worst wettest months if the weather is the norm. But don't let that stop you getting about. Can be mild / warm 17 / 19 degs. Light mac and umbrella required.

Good Luck with the Medical procedures.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,091 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

Yes Dawn is right you will be fine. The number 30 bus runs all along the coast road from the very quiet end where the Elias is right up to the old town and beyond. You will be able to catch an onward bus from the bus station in the old town. The buses are very reasonably priced and most people in Cyprus understand English. January is probably the worst month weather wise in Cyprus but having said that you may well get some sunshine.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

Hi, you do not need a photo for a weekly ticket and you buy the ticket on the bus.Elias is a lovely hotel.Julie

4. Re: easy for english speaking people to nav urban bus system?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Limassol
Recent Conversations