We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

Norfolk
Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

We have narrowed our holiday search down to these 2 hotels in Limassol as both in budget and on the beach. We want to stay in a good standard hotel but be able to walk by the sea and to other restaurants easily. The Grand is a 5 star but some of the reviews don't seem very positive regarding rooms, noise, whereas the Meditteranean is getting better reviews but is 4 star. Anyone able to advise?

Mentioned in this post
Limassol
Limassol
Limassol District, Cyprus
GrandResort
GrandResort
#11 of 56 hotels in Limassol
Atlantica Miramare Beach
Atlantica Miramare Beach
#13 of 56 hotels in Limassol
Club Aphrodite Erimi
Club Aphrodite Erimi
#1 of 1 hotels in Erimi
Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

Hi, The Grand is in a quieter location with a handful of restaurants across the road it is next to the Elias beach hotel which is lovely even though it is four star .

The Mediterranean Beach Hotel is about a five minute drive down the road, there are more restaurants and bars to choose from. I Would not worry about it being four star it is a lovely hotel but I would advise on getting a sea view as the main road is very noisy at night with boy racers.The number 30 bus stops outside and will take you down to the old port 10km down the road where there are some lovely places to eat overlooking Limassol Castle.

If you want a quieter area have a look at Elias Olympic holidays usually have good offers on it, I loved my stay there and would go back now if I could.Julie

Mentioned in this post
Elias Beach Hotel
Elias Beach Hotel
1,738 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Mediterranean Beach Hotel
2,084 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Limassol Castle
Limassol Castle
961 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
lanarkshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

The Grand is lovely, I enjoyed my stay there and had no issues at all. Next door to the grand is St Raphael which is very good. The above 2 are in a quieter location but the beach walkway is good for a stroll down to the Mediterranean beach hotel area and the bus service is excellent. I've not staged in the Mediterranean but it does loom nice from the beach walkway.

Mentioned in this post
St Raphael Resort
St Raphael Resort
1,526 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
2,084 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

We have stayed in the Grand Resort when it was the Hawaii Grand (we actually stayed there when we got married in Cyprus) and it was very good. Have also stayed in Elias Beach and St Raphael but for New Year and again have no complaints. It is in the quieter part but has Chesters across the road if you want to go to another bar for a change. We like this area but we also like the area where Mediterranean Beach is as we used to live about 10 mins from there. We haven't stayed at Mediterranean Beach but have been to various functions there and the food was excellent. We have been told and not sure how true it is but the Mediterranean Beach is only 4 start because they cannot offer the conference facilities other hotels can.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Elias Beach Hotel
Elias Beach Hotel
1,738 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
St Raphael Resort
St Raphael Resort
1,526 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Chesters Bar
Chesters Bar
481 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
2,084 Reviews
Limassol, Cyprus
Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,843 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

We have stayed at the Med Beach twice and it is a great hotel. The bathrooms have all been upgraded this year.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
40 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

Thanks to everyone who replied. Have booked The Grand Resort Hotel, looking forward to it. :-)

6. Re: Grand Resort or Meditteranean Beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 07:19