We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi all

So excited! Just booked Tues- Fri at Le Meridien Limassol Spa and Resort. Any tips on how to get there cheaply from Larnaca Airport, eating out and night life around the area?

TIA

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi TIA, first your transfer take a look at A2B or resort hoppa also check out travel supermarket make sure you choose the shuttle not a taxi, this works out fine if there is only one or two of you but three or more not much difference in the price of a cab we use goairporttransfers you can book the online and pay in sterling .

restaurants and nightlife, Your hotel is in a quiet location on the edge of Limassol if you google uptown square

you will find restaurants and bars to get there walk out of the hotel onto the main road turn left walk down to the Grand hotel uptown square is opposite.

If you just want a quick drink/snack or a shop come out of the hotel walk past the bus stop straight down the road on the corner is the Double Point it is a bar/restaurant and a shop in the same building.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi, sorry I pressed post my reply before I finished my answer here is part two.

If you want a livelier scene at night catch the number 30 bus down to the four seasons Franz bar is across the road and there are some good eateries in the area. or stay on and get off in the tourist area if it is clubbing that you are after. It is worth going down to the square overlooking Limassol Castle where you will find restaurants-cafes there is always a buzz there, you need to get off at the old port roundabout.

If you wish to go shopping take the number 30 outside your hotel get off outside my mall it is the last stop. taxis are expensive in Cyprus the bus fare is 3 euro all day 15 for a week.

You do not say when you are visiting Cyprus but if it is soon it will be fairly cold in the evenings so take something warm.Julie

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Thanks Julie

That was so useful! I am a female travelling on my own ;)

I am arriving on Tues and departing on Friday.

Tried all the shuttles and it looks like over £120 return. The airport bus seems much more affordable at €18 return but I will either have to lug my bags from the Grand hotel or take the No 30 apparently. Will a taxi be expensive you think for a short drive like that e.g from Grand hotel to Le Meredien?

I choose a quieter part of the island as I've heard about the wild parties and hendo groups which I am trying to avoid. I don't really want to pay hotel prices for food and would like to try the local cuisine rather than the usual hotel food although I have read reviews about their restaurants.

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Julie

One more question, I understand the weather is getting colder especially in the night but how is it in the day? Do i need boots and jackets?

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
43,049 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Coming from the UK I doubt you'll need boots and a jacket once you get to Cyprus but you will certainly need a light jacket / cardigan / pashmina for the evening.

Having said that and bearing in mind where you are travelling from one assumes that boots and a jacket would be useful on your way out and on your way back so rather than packing them just wear them.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,863 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

This company is very reasonably priced. http://www.grabthatcab.com/priceslca.htm

The Grand Hotel is not very far from Le Meridian. If you didn't have your bags you could easily walk it. I don't think they could charge you very much at all to go that short distance by taxi. I think you could easily pick up a taxi outside the Grand.

I don't think you will be bothered by too many wild parties or hen do's as Limassol is very quiet this year.

If you take the bus up to the Amathus area near the Four Seasons Hotel you could go to Danai which is a traditional Cypriot restaurant or Nama again Cypriot or if you wanted a change Il Sapore is a nice Italian restaurant. You will find more up in the old town around the castle.

As for the weather you will probably be fine by day in quite lightweight clothes but agree that it will be chilly at night.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi, again I have just looked on transfers with travel republic and the return fare is £36 right to your hotel door, I think that would be your best option.

The weather should be pretty warm in the daytime but once the sun goes down around 5pm it gets nippy.

another shopping area is St Andrews St. just off Limassol Castle I love wandering up there it is narrow cobbled street with shops on both sides.

As you will be alone I think if you wish to eat out at night just get the bus down to the four seasons area, there is a nice place an Italian the el peso across from amathus hotel and a nice little bar the old tomb it is just across the car park from the golden arches hotel. The IL Sapore is also good down from the four seasons that is also Italian .

The Shakespeare across from the Londa hotel is a good family place in the tourist area. you will be ok there on your own. I hope you have a great time let us know how you get on.Julie

Maidenhead
Level Contributor
85 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi Julie

I managed to get return door to door transfer via Holidaytransfers for about £36 which is a bargain still considering the other options.

I understand the No 30 bus stops at 9pm. Are there any other buses that would take me back to the hotel after dinner and drinks or is taxi the only option?

Thanks so much for all your suggestions, its been so useful.

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi, the number 30 used to run until at least 11.30 pm from the old port even in winter months, I would check with the bus driver when you are over there. I m sorry I do not know f any other bus but have a look at .

limassolbuses.com

Julie

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,108 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants/nightlife near Lissamol

Hi, I have just checked for you the last bus back to Le-meridien leaves the shopping mall at 10.30 pm. after that you would have to jump a cab .Julie