We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Hi, we are a couple in our mid 30's, we are lucky enough to be getting away kid free for a week at the end of May and was wondering which resort would be best for us. We are flying into pathos, so want somewhere no longer than an hour in a taxi from the airport, nice sandy beach with nice restaurants and bars and Brit friendly. I did Ayia napa in for a few years in my younger days, loved it, but we are way too old for that now, something similar beach and restaurant wise but not clubbing wise would do us now, any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated thank you!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Hi, Paphos is not really known for good beaches neither is limassol 45 minute transfer time ,but I have to say that the beaches there are a little bit better there.everywhere that I have visited in Cyprus is brit friendly.

I prefer kato paphos to Coral bay load of places to eat-drink.

Pissouri is a lovely place to visit around a 20 minute transfer time is the perfect place to relax but will be lively more so in the top village but you would need to hire a car to get about.and the beach in the bay is pebble.Julie

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,815 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

I am sure you know that there are resorts around Ayia Napa that are just as you describe with the sandy beaches etc and not all clubbing, such as Pernera, Protaras etc. However you would have been better flying into Larnaca for that side of the island if you don't want a long taxi ride. I am afraid that the beaches around Paphos and Limassol are not as good but you can find some reasonable areas. For instance although Paphos is mainly rocky some of the individual hotels have carved out some reasonable little beach areas and there is a municipal beach. Limassol is the same really, there is a 16k coast road and some areas are better than others. In some places the beach is very narrow, while other areas have quite nice wide areas of beach but it is dark sand.

It obviously doesn't take long to get from the airport to the Paphos hotels probably about 25--30 minutes taking everything into account and about 45 minutes to get to Limassol.

If you let us know what sort of accommodation you are looking at maybe we could give you some guidance as to the areas they are in.

You will find plenty of restaurants etc in both resorts.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,473 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Flying into Paphos you have Paphos, Polis, Latchi, Pissouri and Limassol all within a one hour drive.

However, the beaches are more rocky than sandy on that side of the island (the exception being Latchi, which is quite sandy) but that is a quiet resort where one really needs a car to enjoy the surroundings) - for long sandy beaches you need to go to the East coast but that is a 2.5 hour drive from Paphos.

There are plenty of lovely beaches, albeit with rocks and sand and lots of lovely places to stay and it is all Brit friendly for convenience I would choose somewhere in Paphos

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,473 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Little game of DE snap. At least we all said more or less the same thing. Phew !

Edited: 07 April 2014, 17:29
Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
6,040 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

All in the space of a few minutes Twigs and myself hit the button at the same time Then Latimer great minds must think alike.Julie

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Hi, one of our favourite places to stay is the Kefalos beach hotel, read the reviews on the Paphos forum and they are always very good. It is just outside of Paphos, a 25 minute walk along the coastal path and you are at the harbour or take the bus from the Tombs of the Kings road which is a few minutes walk away. The Kefalos is one of the hotels that Twigs Oxford mentioned where they have made a sort of man made beach, but the coastline is very rocky but you can get into the sea via steps. We love it there as we like the lay out of the place, its like a little village with 2 storey buildings and lovely walkways with beautiful flowers etc. It makes a change form staying in a huge hotel. Saying that though as much as we like it there we also like the other side of Paphos, so try looking at hotesl on the Poseidon avenue as the restaurants in that area are brilliant plus there are 2 small sandy beaches near the Alexander the Great hotel. Barbara

Monaghan, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

I would like to go to Paphos in July, 2 adults and 2 children under 10. Can anyone recommend hotel, maybe with access to beach but reasonably good food. We will stay on h/b basis.

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,473 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

There are many hotels.

If you look at the top of the page and click on the hotels tab you will see hotels ranked by trip advisor rating

Monaghan, Ireland
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

Thank you, Barbara. I have looked at so many hotels but we are quite fussy with our food and when AI tend to eat out most evenings as we get fed up of the repetitive buffet food. I will look at hotels on Poseidon side.

10. Re: Best place for couple to holiday in paphos area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 05:15