We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limassol Public Hospital

Which Limassol hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Limassol Public Hospital

Hi folks, my nephew is currently quite ill in this place at the Limassol General Hospital diagnosed with severe pneumonia, he is there with his fiancée and young son intending to be married on Friday this week. They will not release him yet as he has a high fever. This is abject deja vu as, on holiday in Limassol with our son, then only 12 years old (25 years ago) he had an emergency appendectomy at the then Limassol Clinic. Surgeon Christiacos Sugarades and Doctor Achillies Achillas really looked after him and he recovered beautifully

At the time, the tales that were coming from the General Hospital were not good as it was seen as a "bit of a cattle market" without really giving further detail here!

The reason for this post is to enquire if anyone has any information or other detail that they wish to pass on regarding current conditions in the General Hospital and any advice they may wish to give.

Thanks

Fenreed

Here and there
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri
Level Contributor
42,112 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

What a shame and especially with their wedding so close. I hope he recovers sufficiently to enable the wedding to take place as intended.

Are you posting because you want to know what the hospital is like in comparison to how it was for your family 25 years ago or is there other information you require ?

My experience of the hospitals in Limassol and Paphos when we have had occasion to visit them (only twice fortunately in 7 years) was excellent both in terms of care and speed of response.

UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

Thanks Latimer for your prompt response and kind wishes. No, I don't need any further information just reassurance I suppose! A lot can change in 25 years......

Fenreed

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
317 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

I know 2 people who have lived here and have had to have emergency treatment at the new Limassol General Hospital and have had excellent treatment. One had a triple heart bypass (he was sent to Nicosia for this) and the other was under the neurosurgeon at Limassol with an aneurysm.

My personal experience has been through referral from my local clinic for a gastroscopy under the social insurance medical system for residents.

For people on holiday, usually your insurance covers for treatment in one of the private clinics but not sure which is being used now as my understanding is the one just by the side of the highway (near Tsirion/Ekali area) closed down but may have new owners and so a lot of patients were sent to the Poly Clinic near Ag. Fylaxi street.

UK
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

Thanks for your post Michele T. My nephew was subsequently discharged just in time to get married and then able to fly back to the UK without any problem. His pneumonia has persisted and he is still on sick leave but improving all the while.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Level Contributor
317 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

Wow! I'm pleased to hear he was able to make the wedding :-)

I hope he gets well soon... pneumonia is hard to shake off.

6. Re: Limassol Public Hospital

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2015, 07:16