We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in Cyprus

Which Nicosia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Driving in Cyprus

Is driving in Cyprus generally stress free?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving in Cyprus

yep very nice a bit busy in nicosia but otherwise very stress free

tom

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
933 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving in Cyprus

Yes it is. They drive on the left and all the signs are dual language. I've hired cars for 2 different Cyprus breaks with no probs. I hired Easycar from Paphos airport via an internet site.

If you want to go to the occupied zone, some hire companies won't insure you, so you have to leave your car in southern Nicosia and walk through. However some car hire companies do allow this, so if you want to go north, check before booking.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving in Cyprus

Very easy to negotiate your way round the island but don't be tempted to exceed the speed limits - the police dislike speeding tourists and you will get an instant fine and severe reprimand.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving in Cyprus

Yes, but like other places street signs can be hard-to-impossible to find. I would use a GPS if possible.

LImassol
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Driving in Cyprus

Hi Tim2788,

Hope you enjoining Cyprus and generally having fun! :)

In case you still looking for a GPS, i reccommend the following model :)

prestigioplaza.com/products/telecom/gps-navi…

Hope that helped a bit :)

Good luck!!

Anelexius! :)

6. Re: Driving in Cyprus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 November 2009, 07:18