We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good restaurants

Which Nicosia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ibragg
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
good restaurants

hi

can anyone recomand me a good restaurant in nicosia, italian or local food preferably.thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
578 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good restaurants

There is a restaurant called Zebra. It is well known for serving meat on skewers and are cut off in front of you and then put on your plate. They will do meze styles for you.

There is a great cafe. I absolutely adore it. They do great great great food. It is called Pralina cafe.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: good restaurants

Restaurants in abundance in & around Ledra St. South of the Castle walls ther are loads of Restaurants with tables outside, fantastic during the summer evenings, reminds me of Rome

Kev

cyprus
Destination Expert
for Nicosia
Level Contributor
326 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good restaurants

Zebra restaurant serves African dishes so this might not be of your choice. For Italian you can try La Pasteria (in Griva Digeni Avenue)($$), Cos´ altro in Makariou Avenue($$), il Forno in Ledra street($) or Vivere in Holiday Inn hotel($$$). For local dishes there are several restaurants if you know the area and need for a few indications, just ask.

Cyprus
Level Contributor
364 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good restaurants

For the local cuisine you can try Aigaio (tel. 22433297), Loxandra's (tel. 22675757) and Kath'Odon (tel. 22661656) which have Greek dishes too.

Agios Georgios (tel. 22765971) has genuine, homemade food and it's frequented mostly by Cypriots, though the restaurant is nothing to write home about. Shantris (tel. 22671549) offers good, honest food at very reasonable prices.

Harrisalk's suggestions are all good but I'd avoid visiting La Pasteria in the evening as some of its dishes, though tasty, are a bit on the heavy side.

It's better if you make a reservation, especially on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays when most places in Nicosia fill up.

When you arrive, or if you have a Cyprus Tourism Organisation office near you, you can ask for a copy of the Time Out Eating Out Guide for more places.

Let me know if you need directions or any other information.

5. Re: good restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 02:17