We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to go near Evrichou, Nicosia

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Places to go near Evrichou, Nicosia

Hi!

Me & four of my family are planning to visit our aunt in Evrichou next year. I haven't researched that much about this country, so your suggestions would be of great help.

What country or nearest tourist spot we should visit while we were there? (Like Hong Kong-Macau or Singapore-Kuala Lumpur)....We're thinking of Santorini, Greece, but we prefer places that has direct flights. We want a good place/ country that wouldn't take too much toll on us. We're from the Philippines, so we'll probably take the route going to Riyadh, Saudia Arabia, where we will be fetching our mom first, via Saudia Airlines(any good but cheaper airlines out there?). Then we'll be flying to Larnaca Intnl Airport via Cyprus Airways. We want to maximize our resources & time as much as possible since we'll be going that far. And Oh! We prefer country/place that has easy visa application.

thanks!!!

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Troodos Mountains...
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to go near Evrichou, Nicosia

It sometimes difficult when names are translated from the Greek alphabet, please confirm that Evrichou is also Everychou which is the village I know and there are many villages with similar names. In Cyprus the Districts are also known by the City name so Everychou is in Nicosia the District, but at least 30 kms towards Troodos.

Everychou is in the Solea valley and is the adminstrative location for the the area with schools, health centre, Bishopric of Morfou etc, with the nearest tourist area being Kakopetria / Galatata. Everychou has the Cyprus Railway Museum (no railways are left working in Cyprus). Kakopetria and Galata have medieval churches and the Old Town of Kakopetria is also on tourist lists. The Troodos mountains are visible from Everychou and has good scenery.

Cyprus has many sites and is a small island to tour but if you want to visit other countries I think I would suggest Egypt, Cairo or Luxor, Greece for Athens, and Italy for Rome.

Mentioned in this post
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Kakopetria
Kakopetria
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Galata
Galata
Nicosia District, Cyprus
Egypt
Egypt
Africa
Greece
Greece
Europe
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to go near Evrichou, Nicosia

Pretty sure you can also fly direct to Rhodes and Herakleion in Greece, plus Milan in Italy (for trips to Verona and Venice).

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Greece
Greece
Europe
Milan
Milan
Lombardy, Italy
Verona
Verona
Province of Verona, Italy
Venice
Venice
City of Venice, Italy
3. Re: Places to go near Evrichou, Nicosia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2011, 05:17