We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Cyprus for 8 months!

Which Nicosia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Visiting Cyprus for 8 months!

Hi, I am accompanying my husband to Cyprus for 8 months of work, can anyone tell me what there is to do around Cyprus, possibly Nicosia, when you are at home during the day with a 1 year old child? Is there access to gyms, play groups for kids etc? I am an aussie and am worried about getting bored!

Thank you!

Greece
Level Contributor
135 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Cyprus for 8 months!

Depends where you will leave, if you will have access to a car etc. Of course there are gyms -- in my neighbourhood there are 3 but I leave in a central location. I am sure though that no matter where you leave there will be one within a 15 minute walking distance.

There are also nice parks that you can go with the kid and they are filled with monthers with their kids.

I hope you drive cause in Cyprus it is hard if you do not have a car.

Try to find out from your husband where you will be living and I will find a few places to reccommend to you in your neighbourhood. If you want to e-mail me directly kcharala@yahoo.com

CYPRUS
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Cyprus for 8 months!

No need to worry about being bored. Nicosia especially has a lively foreign contingency. Check 1st with the high commission for a ladies group, they will introduce you to other pax as well.

Important to have a car or mode of transport. Near impossible to live in Cyprus without a car.

Lots of gyms including pilates & yoga studios, depending on the area.

Are you into Lioness, Ladies Circle etc. ? get an intro from your club pres for the local clubs they meet often for social and other dos.

3. Re: Visiting Cyprus for 8 months!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 14:19