We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Aloe Hotel Paphos.

We are going to Aloe Hotel in June for two weeks. We are two Ladies over 65, hope holiday makers who have been there before think it is suitable for us. Just a few questions about Hotel, do they supply beach towels and are you allowed to take a kettle and use in your bedroom? A couple of Hotels we have been to have notices saying DO NOT USE KETTLES IN BEDROOMS. I hope someone can answer our questions. Thanks if you can.

Derbyshire England
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

HI there ladies

I went to that hotel in 1990, so my opinion a bit out of date.

But.........my dad goes there twice a year every year, he loves it and wouldnt consider going anywhere else............in fact he's just come back last Saturday from there. He is 75 and says that the fellow guests there are great.

Not sure about the beach towels, but it is a 4* hotel so would assume that they do provide them.........

Taking your kettle shouldnt be a problem, but why dont you email the hotel direct, then you can get the answer straight from the horses mouth......

I am off to Protaras on 3rd June and emailed hotel twice with my requests, it can't do any harm can it?

Enjoy your holiday!!!

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

My experience isn't that recent either (stayed in 1999) and the hotel provided towels for use around the pool but not to take off the premises. We holidayed with my parents who can't function in the morning until they have had their cup of tea and they would definitely have taken a travel kettle with them. In fact, I seem to remember the rooms having their own tea and coffee making facilities (although I could be wrong). A quick peep on the hotel's website may answer your question.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Thank you Salsalady & Karen1967 for your replies to my questions. I have emailed the Hotel but not yet had a reply. I have been reading some reviews about the Hotel and I must say some were terrible so we are keeping our fingers crossed. The ones on Trip Advisor were not too bad but when you look at ones when you just put Aloe Hotel up some are awful. We have decided to do Flexi dining this year so at least we can eat out 7 nights if the food is bad. As long as the beds are clean I hope we will be happy.

Derbyshire England
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

HI Ladies

I'm sure the hotel will be fine, my dad wouldn't go there year in year out if it was horrible..........

Sometimes you have to take negative opinions with a pinch of salt, as these forums can be very subjective.......if you have one bad thing happen, then sometimes it can sour your whole holiday and unfortunately a few weeks after the event, when you come to write your review, the one 'bad' part can affect what you write.......

If I had taken note of all reviews on hotels I had visited, then I wouldnt have gone anywhere. In fact the only hotel I've been to that had a really good write up on here, I actually disliked it intensely, as did my husband.......

I'm sure you'll have a great time

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,432 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Salopiansshropshire - When we stayed at the Aloe we had a really lovely holiday. The location was just right for us (not to close to the hustle and bustle yet not too far away) and the facilities were spot on. We only stayed on a bed and breakfast basis so couldn't comment on the food apart from to say that breakfast was pretty basic - typical Cypriot breakfast of bread, eggs, ham, cucumber, tomatoes, yoghurt etc. but we are not big breakfast eaters so that suited us fine. The swimming pools were fabulous (my son swam his first ever strokes in the small pool) and the staff were very pleasant and attentive.

Shropshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Hi. It is me again. I had a reply from Aloe Hotel today. They do provide Pool/Beach Towels free of charge but no Tea/ Coffee making facilities in room but they say they have 24 hour room service. I think we will take our own kettle and tea bags. Not long now till we go. The weather has not been very good there according to papers, no doubt it will have improved by the time we go. I am pleased to hear the pool area is nice as we do spend quite a lot of time in the water. Although I am not a very good swimmer (will not go in deep end) my friend is a good strong swimmer. Thank you both for your help.

Derbyshire England
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Have a great time!!!

Karen

p.s. less than 2 weeks til we go........... I too will be taking my travel kettle!!! My mum takes the t.bags!! lol

Derbyshire England
Level Contributor
414 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

HI Salopian ladies

I have just spoken with my dad, who has just returned from the Aloe Hotel..they do provide you with pool towels. They do not provide tea/coffee making facilities.

They do have afridge/mini bar in the room but charge you if you put stuff in it.......apparently £3 per day........

£1 per day for the safe.............

Hope this helps...........

Karen

9. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 August 2014, 08:46
Shropshire
Level Contributor
23 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Aloe Hotel Paphos.

Hi all. Thanks for information. I think they are a bit greedy charging £3 a day for the fridge/minibar but I expect we will decide to pay it as they are handy for keeping your drinks cool. We always have a safe. I have been advised by a person who works at my bank not to bother taking Cypriot money with us she said take English and change over there as you get a much better exchange rate. Normally we take Euros or the country money and travellers cheques. So we thought we would take some Cypriot money and the rest in English.

We will take our Kettle, we usually hide it until the maids have been in the room just incase.

I am off to Corfu in Sept, that is somewhere I have not been to either.