We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of Living

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork, Ireland
2 posts
Save Topic
Cost of Living

My son is a scuba diving instructor. He has been offered a job In Paphos, the money seems very small, can anyone tell me about the cost of living here. Stuff like bread, milk, a beer, basic food. wouldn't want him to accept the job and not be able to come out on his money. Thanks, Wendy

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of Living

Hi

You may get a better response if you post this question on cyprus-forum.com, a lot of the menbers live and work in Cyprus.

All the best

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of Living

No don't go there,you won't let your son go to Cyprus.

On a par with th UK,beer is cheaper.If you buy and eat as a Cypriot it is cheaper,IE:Sliced white loaf £1.10,village bread 40p,the latter has no additives.You can live cheaply in Cyprus as a resident if you stay away from the tourist areas and prices.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of Living

Leica - were you telling wquirke not to go to the Cyprus forum? If so why?

The reason I ask is because I went for a peep over there and was appalled by the racist, political, mud slinging that was going on. Are there no moderators on there?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of Living

I joined the cyprus-forum.com.some time ago. I don't bother with it now. There doesn't seem to be any moderators and it seems to be about scoring points over each other

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of Living

The same reason as yourself and Kath have pointed out.The language is appaling,and some of the posts..I am no prude,but.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
324 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of Living

I wish that I never mentioned it now.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,433 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of Living

Never mind RRichie - I am sure nobody will hold it against you!

8. Re: Cost of Living

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 11:17