We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

Kent
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

Hi all,

Can anyone please tell me how much a return taxi from Paphos Airport to Kefalos beach village (just outside Paphos town) should cost?

Having searched these forums I found a couple of recommendations for Acropolis Vassos Taxi's and so went onto their website for a quote. Based on the results of my search I was expecting it to be around 15 euros each way.

However they came back with a quote of 123 euros (return) which seems extortionate (includes 20 euros for booster seat). According to my calculations its no more than a 15 minute journey.

Anyone have any other recommendations?

Thanks

Mike

Paralimni, Cyprus
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

You could try grabthatcab. We use them at the other end of the island and that price would get you from Larnaca Airport to Ayia Napa/Paralimni return in a 4 seater taxi!

UK
Level Contributor
396 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

I would say that it is more likely to take about 30 mins. It would take about 15 to 20 mins to get to the harbour area of Kato Paphos (used to cost £CY18 to Kato Paphos one way, and Kefalos Beach village is much further along . I always use Daphnes taxi service, you can ring for a quote,

00357 26944013

00357 26935521

or you could just take a chance, and grab a taxi at the airport, there are always plenty of them haggling for your business. However, agree the price before you get into any car.Good Luck

bucks
Level Contributor
146 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

hi, Mikebabs,

i am going to the kefalos in may, i am getting picked up by some friends.

I can find out how much the cab would cost, when do you go?

Last time we went there, we had transfers included.

ITs a great place to stay and i hope you enjoy!!

Steve

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

Hi we have been to Kefalos Beach 3 times now and always grab a taxi from the airport. It takes about 20 mins to get there, and costs around £20 cyp. They are using euro now, so you will have to convert it. I think £20 cyp was about £23 English pounds or thereabouts. We travelled with 2 adults and 2 kids and loads of cases, etc! There are big cabs well able to accomodate you. We tended to use a regular driver when using a cab in paphos to go to the water park or wherever, and the reception will book you a cab whenever you ask them. They are very helpful and the taxis only take 3- 5 minutes to arrive at the hotel. Book one of these to collect you for your retun trip to the airport. They are very reliable. Have a lovely holiday - The kefalos Beach is lovely as is Cyprus!

wales
Level Contributor
379 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

Try Sea Island Tours, Google it and you get the website.

I have booked a return from Airport to Paphos for 44 euro.

Acropolis wanted 72 , ridiculous.

6. Re: Taxi from Paphos Airport to Paphos (Kefalos beach village)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations