We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

northorsouth

newcastle
1 post
Save Topic
northorsouth

which is better to live north orsouth?

which is prettier?

is the north really much cheaper to rent than the south?

if so why?

Is it ok for me to move to the north of cyprus as a uk citizen?

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,078 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: northorsouth

I have hesitated to reply to this as any answer may cause offence so I will try not to-(cause offence)

Don't know what "better" means. Both north and south Cyprus has beautiful parts and not so pretty parts.

The south is more british and most signs are bi-lingual. The infrastructure in the south is more developed (I can hear people not agreeing).

Maybe your question stems from a lack of knowledge about the island's history??? another sticky area!

There have been political problems in Cyprus for decades and "who did what to whom "depends on who you ask.

In 1974 there was an armed conflict, which resulted in the north being isolated.The government and legal system is, as far as I know, only recognised by Turkey. So this, I am assured, is the reason for the price difference.

You really need to read up on the pros and cons before making a big decision like moving. Then, of course, it is personal choice.Which do you prefer? That is all that matters. Maybe if you posted this on the Kyrenia or Nicosia forums, you would get replies from locals.

Good luck.

2. Re: northorsouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 02:20
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations