We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

London, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

I will be staying in a villa in the Aphrodite Hills Resort. Is there a supermarket nearby as we dont wont to use the one on the resort as I guess it will be expensive?. We will be hiring a car.

Harrogate, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

I stayed in the Secret Valley Golf resort next to Aphrodites Hills and returned back to the UK on Saturday.

There are no supermarkets near the resorts. You will need to drive to Paphos to get a decent amount of shopping especially if your staying in a villa.

The main supermarkets are Carrefour and Pantinious(sp).

London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

We also stayed on Secret Valley - not impressed at all, badly signposted and far too much construction going on. We ate at a couple of restaurants on Aphrodite Hills, far less construction and saw some small shops there but will probably be very expensive. You will have to travel to get to a supermarket I'm afraid. We would stay much nearer to Paphos if and when we went back to Cyprus again.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

If you drive to Kouklia village nearby, ther are a couple of village shops - usually have everything, except fresh meat. If you drive further afield, Thrassos supermarket in Yeroskipou on the left as you are heading to Paphos is very good.

Their veggies are local and they handmake soutzoukakia and other Cypriot delicacies in their meat department. They have a variety of breads and cakes and a fair selection of booze.

There are also small pantopoleion - sell everything shops on the way into Paphos. These, including Thrassos are on the original, old road. If you take the motorway you'll miss them all.

If you like Turkish delight or Loukoumi as it is called in Greek, there are several shops that make it and other Cypriot goodies in Yeroskipou on the right. You can park opposite, diagonal to the road next to a little park.

When do you go. I'm off in July. Good holidays.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
155 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

As others have said I think having the car a drive to Paphos is the answer, with the heat you could always make it your last stop on the way back. Paphos is about 20-25mins.

We stayed at hotel last year and only got water once and a couple cakes from the on site shop and it was pricey, but if you just need to get some fresh rolls or quick bottle of milk it will be fine.

The resort in my mind is lovely, some out of the world villas, and all the public areas are manicured! alot of the villas skirt the edge of the golf greens.

We ate out several times in nearby Kouklia several lovely bars/restaurants, and not too pricey.

J

London, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

Thank you for your replies.

We are going in August - VERY HOT I believe! Thanks for the help. We will want to stock up on water/wine and beer. Food items for breakfast and fresh fruit so hopefully this will help

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

Hi maxi, i know its not a direct answer to your supermarket question, but if your staying at Aphrodite Hills, a good place to go and eat is Pissouri, its about a 20 minutes drive the opposite way from Paphos, its actually in the Limassol district, but IMO well worth a visit, there are two parts of Pissouri, the beach with a few lovely restaurants, and the higher resort of Pissouri, with a choice of restaurants - and we've always found it to be a lot cheaper than going into Paphos to eat!

Back to your original question, your better off driving into Paphos to stock on in one the bigger supermarkets - its only about a 10-15 minute drive, either direct down the motorway or along the coast roast which will take you direct in paphos as well!

Enjoy your holiday x

7. Re: Aphrodite Hills Resort - Nearby Supermarkets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:20
Get answers to your questions about Paphos