We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Saintscully

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Question for Saintscully

Hi Saintscully.

I've just read your comments on the Cypria Bay, and it sounds like you stayed at the Ledra Beach Hotel!

If so, was it OK? I'm asking because we've stayed there several times, and know it's a lovely hotel, but we've not stayed since it went all-inclusive, and we're going in October.

Would like your comments!

Thanks.

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question for Saintscully

Hi Hornplayer - sorry, but I got my maths wrong on that post as we stayed at the Athena Beach. Its the 3rd time for us along that stretch and we noticed lots of little changes from 2 years ago. One being that they have taken away 'our' bench on the jetty and now there's nowhere to sit!!

The Ledra is now an Iberostar and they do have an excellent reputation. They look to have made improvements to the pool and they've definately improved the beach. If your going in October you should be ok (not so many children) as it did look to be extremely busy around the beach bar! Hope you have a great time, I'm so jealous.

dubai
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question for Saintscully

hi hornplayer... my wife and i live in dubai and are planning a week in cyprus. would you be able to fill us in on:

a) who and what is rdj enterprises? how do I contact them? what are their charges, if any?

b) we're thinking of staying at the elias beach hotel although we've also been told about the mediterranean beach hotel as well. any recommendations? is elias a good one?

c) what are the general costs like out there? for meals? for sight seeing? cabs? etc.

d) how far apart are the towns / cities from each other? while our stay is in limassol, can we drive to paphos etc.? is there adequate public transport?

since it is urgent and we're planning the trip in less than 2 weeks... would love to have your soonest feedback. i'm not sure if giving you my email address on this is okay... so I won't as yet.. else would ahve loved an email from you about the trip.

thanks andcheers!

uk
Level Contributor
343 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question for Saintscully

HI ABPDUBAI!

Looks like your going to Limassol, judging by the hotels you've mentioned. I've never had a holiday in Limassol, as I always go to Paphos, so I don't think I'm going to be much help!

I don't know anything all all about rdj Enterprises.

Have a look on 'Holidays Uncovered' for those hotels you've mentioned - again, I've never stayed at either of them. From my experience, any 4* hotel in cyprus is generally very good.

General costs I would say are OK - it's like anywhere, if you shop around, some car hire places/restaurants etc are cheaper than others. I wouldn't say the island, as a whole, is extortionately expensive.

I would say the best way to get around is definately by car - the roads are fine, and very well signed. You can't go wrong. We've never used taxis or buses to see the island, and there are no trains. From Limassol to Paphos, you're looking at no more than an hours drive. If you have a look at a map of the island, from Paphos to Ayia Napa takes about 2 hours on the Motorway, so that gives you an idea of the scale.

Lovely island! It will be very hot as well!!

Hope this helps!