We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Poole, Dorset
Level Contributor
71 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Anyone hired a car without using a credit card - if so - where?

Is it possible to use my Switch Card on collection instead of a credit card?

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

We booked on line last year, did not have to pay a deposit and paid cash on delivery of the car. if you have found a company you want to use just e mail and ask about Switch card.

Lancashire
Level Contributor
3,434 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Hi Delmelia - We usually use Savvas Houlos for our car hire. You communicate with him by e-mail, choose your car, fix your price then pay nothing until he meets you at the airport with the car. I always pay him in cash.

He isn't the cheapest but his cars are new and in good condition with low mileage. He will meet you at the airport or he will bring your car to wherever you are staying at a time to suit you. If anything goes wrong with the car he sorts it out straight away (we had a puncture that he fixed in a couple of hours).

You can contact him on the following e-mail address:

houlos@hotmail.com

Liverpool
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Hi

Most companies will require a credit card. This is because they want to be able to charge any excess to your card should you be involved in an accident etc. I used www.gorentacar.com.cy I booked online, paid 10% on credit card and are paying the rest in cash when I pick it up.

www.gorentacar.com.cy

Scotland
Level Contributor
43 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Hi. I too used Savvas Houlos, booking via e-mail and paying with my Nationwide credit card. However, my vehicle, a Suzuki soft top was hardly new, unlike your previous respondent, as it had 27,000 kilometres on the clock ! Having said that, battered as it was, I didn't have any problem with it. Also, it was actually slightly cheaper paying with my Nationwide credit card rather than using cash.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

Another one for Savvas Houlos,new car ,no deposit, & paid cash at the airport ,all booked by e-mail.. Booked him again this year

6. Re: Car Hire, Paphos - credit card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 16:18
Get answers to your questions about Paphos