We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm glad I took my brolly

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
I'm glad I took my brolly

Our first evening and day saw a torrential downpour, so bad that we couldn't get into Paphos the next day as the road was badly flooded. The river Diarizos in Kouklia was also over the road. I hope this has been useful for the reservoirs, but I suppose it will take a lot more than this to make up for years of drought.

The rest of our time was sunny and clear and a real pleasure after the weather here in the UK.

The pound/euro rate made life expensive, but Cyprus was as lovely as ever.

Mentioned in this post
Kouklia
Kouklia
Paphos District, Cyprus
Cyprus
Cyprus
Europe
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm glad I took my brolly

Yep -its rained a bit here over the last fortnight - but its still nice when the sun comes out!

Mike

suffolk
Level Contributor
245 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm glad I took my brolly

Hi Koritsi,

Welcome back to sunny Suffolk,hope you had a great time.I came back in the early hours last Thursday to be greeted by sub zero temps and a long drive through freezing fog.

Any thoughts on Pafos in particular on your visit,did you notice anything akin to the other threads that would suggest much adverse change?

Mentioned in this post
Suffolk
Suffolk
East Anglia, UK
Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm glad I took my brolly

Hi Corporalb, Well, yes we had a good time as always, although I didn't get out as much as I did before.

Paphos is quietish (comparably) in the week around Christmas, so the only thing that made an impression was the cost of everything. We only ate out twice and the rest of the time had home cooking (no change for me there).

Taking to some of the locals, they said it was quieter than before, but the flight was full, so we are obviously still going there.

I went to see where my uncle's house was in Peyia. It used to be on its own in a very quiet area, with great views, but now is completely surrounded by other expat villas. I'm pleased he's not around to see it.

I hope that Paphos doesn't turn into a party place as your other post suggests, but lots of places go down before they come up again. I'm not suggesting Paphos is going down, but there is an awful lot of development still happening.

Roll on next visit.

Mentioned in this post
Peyia
Peyia
Paphos District, Cyprus
4. Re: I'm glad I took my brolly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 18:16