We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos airport

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos airport

How much more comfortable is Paphos airport.Went 2 years ago and was so busy It nearly put me off returning.Booked the vip lounge last year which was nice.This june travelling on a sunday which I hoped would be quieter.A friend has just returned on a sunday and said it was terribly busy and could hardly get a seat in the departures.She flew at 3am in morning.

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos airport

I used paphos airport in September last year. Had a 1am flight.

To be honest, it's an airport so its full of people rushing around trying to get to different places etc.

It never helps when the airlines aren't organised either.

Anyway, have you booked car hire or will you be having a transfer? If you;ve booked car hire then try and get there early to avoid waiting around but as far as the departure lounge goes, i'd say it will be pretty hectic, most flights are on Wednesdays and Sundays so it will be busy.

When i was there the only seats we could find were in the beer garden and there was hardly any there, my poor grandad insisted on standing while we sat down, my nan had a seat as did my sister but i was sat on this wall.

Hope this helps, but don't be put off.. your only at the airport for what, 3 hours? :)

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
764 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos airport

You will find it hard to recognise the airport. The new one opened end of November 2008. Much better organised now. There is now one building for both arrivals and departures. Plenty of parking and much better organised departure queueing area.

Dumfries
Level Contributor
375 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos airport

Are sundays a bit quieter than wednesdays?Flight home about 4pm.

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos airport

It is alot better than it was, let's see how they cope this summer. It should be better organisd and there are less flights this year so fingers crossed.

birmingham
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos airport

I will be returning from paphos on a wednesday evening peak season in July, the flight leaves at around 9pm, will it be busy as some people say.

Would i be better booking the VIP lounge as I have 2 kids who are so hyper they cant sit still for more than 3 mins.

Kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos airport

VIP Lounge and hyperactive children. Now there's an oxymoron for you.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos airport

What a great word,oxymoron,I thought you were being rude until I looked it up.

birmingham
Level Contributor
89 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paphos airport

lol

I know, but the question i need to know is paphos airport busy after 8pm on a wednesday?

west midlands
Level Contributor
188 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paphos airport

Hi,

I was pleasently suprised by the airport, the last time i went to Paphos I was 16 and remember it to be little more than a shed!!!

14 years later i decicided to get married there and returned last month, the aiport was very modern, fab toilets and facilities and got seats easily and we were a party of 13. I can see it would be more difficult to do this in the summer, but my experience was a good one.

10. Re: Paphos airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 07:16