We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
godalming surrey
Level Contributor
164 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

Has anyone heard of this offer where you can pay in sterling and get 2 euros to the pound? My husdband thinks it cannot be true, they might just as well charge half-price.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

I believe you have been told that because the exchange from CY Pounds to Euro worked out at nearly 2 to a £1 and the signs are shown in the new Euro currency and £. It is the guide for locals until they are all use to Euros. Nothing to do with Sterling Pound.

Some people think the £ is unique to sterling but several countries also had pounds.

godalming surrey
Level Contributor
164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

No, Its nothing to do with the cyp, an older post said they paid £40 instead of 80 Euro.

england
Level Contributor
178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

Hi Lesley

We ate at Vienna Bistro in April when we were there. They have an offer where you can pay in sterling and they give you a rate of Eur2/£1. We had 3 steaks, 3 deserts and a round of drinks. Total bill was 85.00 euros and we paid 42.50 Sterling. They didnt have any Sterling change and asked us for the correct money.

There was a big sign outside stating the offer and showing the exchange rate.

A lovely night and cheap too!!

Karen

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

Hi

we've also seen this offer on Paphos People, we're over next week and think we'll be giving it a go, too good to miss with the way the euro is for us!

Jayne

godalming surrey
Level Contributor
164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

Thankyou for your replys, I will tell my husband, We often go to Vienna when we are in Paphos, so this will be a bonus when we return in 2 weeks time!

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

I will try this out in three weeks time when I am in Paphos. Any info on this restaurant please? Where is it and what type of menu? I might have 20 friends with me and at that rate it would be great.

godalming surrey
Level Contributor
164 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

It is more or less next door to KFC in Kato Paphos. It is mainly a cffee shop used by cypriots, They serve food all day, but in the evening they lay a small section up at the side for evening meals. We have eaten there several times and it really it is quite good, I think you might have to book if you want a table for 20!

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
766 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

I* will try it out.

9. Re: vienna restaurant, pay in sterling?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2009, 06:24