We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Sorry probably not read the comments properly, but we go on the 10th June wed woopie x anyways I changed monies today I got 1.10 so a little better than has been but also dropped slightly , Is it a better rate out there ???????????

thank you

lake district...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Only slightly better, maybe 1.12. I did see a place in Limassol offering 1.14 yesterday but today back to 1.12.

Enjoy your holiday, it's hot out here !

erm, cant say
Level Contributor
98 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

We are flying out tomorrow morning and have just got 1.119 to the £ at Thomsons

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Yes its creeped up a bit today 1.11 in all agents in our town centre not really bothered going away we know the prices have gone up same as all over europe thanks anyways good to know just in case i need to exchange more monies

thanks

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Yes we fly out tomorrow night soooooooooooo excited clothes & sun stuff all over bedroom floor he he beer for me tonight and pack tomorrow

hope you have a nice time

molly mak xx

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

Just a tip about exchanging money / Travellers Cheques...When we have been in the past we have found the banks cheaper(that bureau de change and other places) and a better rate. If you are taking travellers cheques we were advised to take Euros in case the pound plunges even further!! Also in the bank, the fees ranged from 1E 20 to 1E50 last summer to change anything from 250 to 1000 Euro traveller cheque. We thought that was fairly reasonable...so it might be worth checking out the banks. We used Bank of Cyprus.

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
167 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

thanks alot for reply got euros already and spare money but taking bank card as you always get a better rate when you withdraw thank you for tips xx

7. Re: exchange rate in cypus vs our travel agents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 December 2009, 06:19