We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips to Egypt

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dudley west midlands
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Trips to Egypt

My parents are staying at the Aliathon Village in October with first choice and would like to visit Egypt does any one know how much it would cost perhaps a one day trip flying thanks very much

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips to Egypt

There lots of info here about the day trip to Cairo

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k2…

Wales
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips to Egypt

Hi i've just returned from Limassol and i brough home the excursions brochure so i've just had a quick look for you. My holiday was with Olympic Holidays though and as i said in Limassol not Paphos so price might be slightly different but here's what i was offered (didn't go on it but thought it might help you considering i got back Sunday)

Cruise to Egypt - Pyramids - Unfortunately they don't give a price but i thought i'd mention it anyway.

Then the same thing as above but instead of a Cruise, its by plane to Cairo. Visit the pyramids and take in the Sphinx, then cruise down the Nile and shop till you drop - Adult price - 319 Euros.

As i said, with it being First Choice it might be more or less, but i hope this helps in some way :)

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips to Egypt

Hi

I am trying to find a fairly painless way to Sharm el Sheik from Cyprus and the Eurocypria web site showed they went to Cairo so I asked them for details. Their reply may not be much use to me but may help you:

"Please be advised that we operate flights to Cairo from Paphos and back every Tuesday. As this is a charter flight operated on behalf of tour operators for day trips to Cairo, we would appreciate it if you would contact the below tour operators regarding your request.

Sea Island tel no. 25340111

Aeolos tel no. 25846830"

Add 00357 to the number for Cyprus code

notts
Level Contributor
56 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips to Egypt

hi

something you should be aware of if you aren't already, even though you are only going for teh day from cyprus to Egypt you will still need all the vaccinations such as diptheria, typhoid, tetanus and polio, these need to be booked 4-8 weeks before travel with your doctor. we are doing the daytrip in october, i'm already covered for vaccinations after a trip to south africa last year, but my boyfreind wasnt and when we checked at the doctors they did say you do still need the same jabs even if only going for the day.

also worth noting if you haven't had the vaccinations it will invalidate your holiday insurance.

North Wales, UK
Level Contributor
177 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips to Egypt

Yikes you have been busy scaring people Julie!

To correct you on one HUGE point you have wrong - not having vaccinations when you holiday (or take a day trip) to Egypt will NOT invalidate your insurance! Please, stop giving out wrong information!

When vaccinactions are mandatory for a country, (ie yellow fever) THAT is when your insurance would be invalidated. However, countries where vaccinations are "suggested" or "recommended" are just that, and will in no way invalidate your travel insurance when you don't have the vaccinations!

Kent
Level Contributor
82 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips to Egypt

Julie would you please stop touting the nonsense about invalidating your insurance. This is just not true. If a country says that you must have an innoculation before entering and you ignore this, then you invalidate your insurance. As Egypt has no such clause you are OK.

7. Re: Trips to Egypt

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2010, 12:33