We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cypriot Pound

Scotland
10 posts
Save Topic
Cypriot Pound

Still have Cypriot Pounds let over from last trip to Cyprus. Does anyone know if they can be changed at Cyprus bans for Euros?

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cypriot Pound

This is what the Central Bank of Cyprus states:

Exchange period for the Cyprus pound

The Central Bank of Cyprus will continue to exchange free of charge Cyprus pound coins for euro for a period of 2 years from the day of the introduction of the euro, that is until 31.12.2009, and banknotes for a period of 10 years, that is until 31.12.2017.

I do not know how this is being done now as initially any bank changed coins and notes. I suggest go to any bank here and ask.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
784 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cypriot Pound

The Laiki Bank changed mine in February, but some people were told to change them in Nicosia. You will get a good rate for them so worth the hassle. Try also the Bank of Cyprus. You don't mention where you'll be staying but I think you'd be best going to a larger branch in any town.

3. Re: Cypriot Pound

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Paphos