We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

Hi Friends,

May i request you help in sharing some travelling tips for Pahos visit in December.

I am travelling with my girlfriend in the month of dec to Paphos and planning a 2 days cruise to Egypt.

Please share some details on the following:

1) How is the weather in Dec, my gf is beach freak would we have a weather that allows sunbathing or will it will be very cold?

2) How is the nighlife in december? does the bar street remains open in december or it closes down because of winter period? I have heard ayia nappa is almost desert in december that is why i am planning Paphos

3)What would be the other entertainment things for couples in december that we can enjoy?

Your suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ady

holiday lover
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

Unless you're unlucky you should be o.k. with the weather; very short days, but while the sun is out it is usually a reasonable strenth and hot enough to sit round the pool. Bar street is usually deserted apart from the odd place to get a drink and the restaurants start to close end November and by the second week in December almost all are closed.

Bournemouth
Level Contributor
576 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

I would second what has already been written. I would add that the only enetertainment would probably be what hotels themselves were organising.

It is a very peaceful time of year to be in Paphos

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,118 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

Weather prediction, well last 28 December 2008 while taking family to Pathos airport sat up on cliff by Aphrodite's Birthplace eating a "99" ice cream, it was in glorious sun. Evenings will be cool and at my home the log fire will be lit, but I am 600 m up on Troodos.

It is winter but most days you will have sun and if out of the wind it will be warm. If hotel has a heated pool the swimming is a possibility, I have seen people swimming in the sea at that time but not for me.

Tourist activity is down and entertainment I suspect hotel based but Pathos is trying to provide more of an all year round experience.

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

Thanks for your reply,

is there any god news does any of the night club remians open in bar street? we do not want to get bored to death....

holiday lover
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

This is tongue-in-cheek, but only ever so slightly - if you enjoy ballroom dancing, crown green bowling and bingo you should be o.k. as most of the entertainment you'll find will be hotel based as indicated by other posters. As hotels are mostly catering for the over-55's at this time of year, you and your girlfriend could find yourselves in the minority. Make sure you take some good books and your I-pod!!!!!

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

Hi Friends,

I did recieve an e-mail from Paphos garden resort confirming that most of the night clubs and restraunts will be open and also the hotel itself will have some entertainment stuff..

Do you guys agree with their claims?

Regards,

Rahul Sharma

7. Re: Paphos for December travel..weather and things to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 March 2010, 06:18