We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Just been looking at the weather for tomorrow and Sunday and it makes grim reading. Anyone out there now and does the local forecast reflect the same. I sometimes look at these global holiday weather web sites and am sure they make it up. I know from the news that Turkey has been bad. Is this the same front going through?!!! Brolly at the ready perhaps from airport to cab ??

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,772 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Sporadic rain at the moment - shouldn't last long at this time of year. Its been unbearably hot so it will clear the air.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Thanks for the quick reply. Let's hope so and then a return to the heat. Lovely in the UK at the moment and it would not be good leaving the UK sun to arrive in a wet Cyprus! My wife is expecting two weeks of sitting in the sun!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Yup, but as I live here it will be great to have some rain, this is another load arriving from the West and heading for Turkey. Black clouds are appearing to the West as I type. However it should not last that long and over during Sunday.

Due to the mountains the weather varies from place to place, recently friends 20 miles away had rain and we had nothing. It could well be that you will be completely dry and in sunshine where you are but will see rain clouds particularly up on Troodos, or not as the case may be

Nottingham
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Thanks FredCyprus. I am sure as you say it will pass. We are in Paphos for 12 days so don't mind the odd wet day!!

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Well clouds have suddenly vanished and it is nice evening. The forecast I look at has now decided Saturday dry and Sunday some showers.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
172 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

Well there you go. Comvinced these forcasters look at the cows in the fields.!!! Off home to pack.

7. Re: Arriving late Saturday - Weather looks wet/ thunder storms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 March 2010, 06:22