We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paphos Market

lancs
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paphos Market

Hi,can anyone tell me where the market is in Paphos,and what day is it on???

Thanks.Marie.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
421 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paphos Market

Hi,

the market is up inthe town, quite a pull up if you are walking, especially in the heat but the no. 10 bus takes you straight there. It is a really good market, the best I have been to abroad. It is quite a nice walk back down though depending where you are staying. Hope you enjoy.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
421 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paphos Market

Sorry to forget to say it is on every day but not sure about Sunday so I would checki.

lancs
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Paphos Market

Thanks for that,in all the years we have beeb going to Cyprus we have never been there,hopefully we will make it when we go in Oct.

Thanks.Marie.

Scottish Borders
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paphos Market

The fruit and veg market is next to the covered market which nowadays is full of unbuyable tasteless tourist tat at rip-off prices. There is not a lot in the market but the stall holders will talk about thewir produce. There is also a man who sells local sweets at very reasonable prices and his version of the almonds dipped in grape molasses sweet is very reasonably priced. NEVER get anything at the airport. With coffee at nearl;y £3/cup the prices are astronomical.

5. Re: Paphos Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 17:39
lancs
Level Contributor
978 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Paphos Market

Thanks very much for all your replies.

Marie.

Leeds, west...
Level Contributor
194 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paphos Market

Having been to Paphos - and the market for the past two years, I am sure that it closes around 1pm. So the best time to go is around 9-10 in the morning, before it gets too busy - and hot, depending on when you are there. If you are looking for somewhere to have lunch, then I`d walk away from the market area and you should find some reasonably priced places, offering typical Cypriot dishes.

8. Re: Paphos Market

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 July 2010, 05:16