We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Cairo

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
birmingham
1 post
Save Topic
Flights to Cairo

Hi All

I am travelling over to Paphos at the beginning of April for 2 weeks and had my heart set on the Egypt by air day trip however i have now been informed by serveral tour companies within cyprus that this does not start until may.

I have found trusted companies in Cairo which meet and greet at the airport and take you around the sights and transfer you back to the airport at the end of the day.

Could anyone advise me on airline flights to cairo from either paphos or larnaca as i am not having much luck.

Regards

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
439 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flights to Cairo

Cyprus Airways and EgyptAir have direct flights to Cairo via Larnaca airport.

More info here: http://www.cyprusairports.com.cy/

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flights to Cairo

Danni - I think you're not having much luck in finding flights as the scheduled flight timings are not convenient for a day excursion as they depart in the evening and return the following day.

The one-day excursion, which is widely advertised and sold by various travel agencies in Cyprus, is a chartered flight - I think the tour operator for the charter is a company called Louis (or it was when I did the excurison a couple of years ago).

The "trusted companies in Cairo ......", which you may have Googled, will most probably only service that chartered flight. If you book the tour when they start in May you wouldn't have need of their services as this would be included in the price of the excursion.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,079 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Flights to Cairo

In 2009 I was looking at flights and had this reply from EuroCypria

"Please be advised that we operate flights to Cairo from Paphos and back every Tuesday. As this is a charter flight operated on behalf of tour operators for day trips to Cairo, we would appreciate it if you would contact the below tour operators regarding your request.

Sea Island tel no. 25340111

Aeolos tel no. 25846830"

Add 00357 to the number for Cyprus code

This was last year, but the web site below says they are resuming in March

http://www.seaislandtravel.com/?pageid=18

Kent, England
Level Contributor
793 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flights to Cairo

We did this trip a few years back in March, I would be surprised if they are not running in April. There are quite a few agencies and tour operators that offer the trip, it might be best just to see when you get there.

It was a great day out , (not cheap though) and I would love to do it again.

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flights to Cairo

Thanks for reminding me Fred - we travelled with Sea Island and not Louis. I've emailed Sea Island this evening asking them for the start date of the trip. I'll post an update when they reply.

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flights to Cairo

As promised, here's their reply:

"Thank you for choosing our company for your enquiry regarding our Egypt By Air Tour.

Kindly find attached our full descriptive information.

We require the following information if you do decide to book with us.

Ø Arrival and departure dates in Resort.

Ø Your Hotel/Apartment accommodation and in which resort.

Ø Full names as shown on your passport.

Ø Passport number

Ø Nationality

Ø Date of birth

Ø Telephone number incase we require to contact you for any reason.

Ø Your credit card details for payment and a receipt and reference number will be given to you for your confirmation. If you do not feel comfortable in giving your credit card details on e-mail we can then call each other and take your details over the phone.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for further details.

Best Regards

Andry Komodromou

t. 0035725583728

f. 0035725583283

e-mail. andry@seaislandtravel.com "

Not a specific answer to my question of the start date of the excurison, but if you're stll interested Danni, you may want to follow it up.

7. Re: Flights to Cairo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:17