We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

price of food and drink

england
4 posts
Save Topic
price of food and drink

We might be holidaying in Paphos in june but have heard that food and drink is expensive, can anyone please tell me what prices we are looking at.

Thanks

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: price of food and drink

Hi Littlemiss20,

We have just return returned during the Easter holidays. We stayed in Paphos.

The prices do vary on where you eat and drink. But generally you can pay around €14 for three courses this was in some restaurants that had special offers on that had a choice from a selected menu. I had mozzarella cheese sticks in batter starter, peppered steak and the crème brulee. I though that this was very good value and very good quality, but be aware that sometimes they will not bring you this option with the menu you may have to ask for it if it is advertised outside. This was at Rimini at Kato Paphos. There was also an option for €9.

There may be cheaper restaurants about but I always stay away from restaurants that advertise the menu using photos of the food.

For a very good fine dinning meal you will be paying around €15-€25 for the main course.

For a pint of Keo (local lager) it is €2 at the Black Rose (very nice place and popular), shorts are €3. Imported Beer €2.95

Bottled water is €1 of 1Ltr. Ice cream magnum €2.50

I didn’t walk around looking for the cheapest prices these are what I paid for that was close and convenient to where I was staying.

Torpoint, United...
Level Contributor
6,250 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: price of food and drink

Hi ,Cyprus is more expensive than it used to be,it is around the same as the uk,if you shop in the bigger super markets it is not to bad,there is papantounias across from debenhams,eating out you can get some good set menus for10 euro larger 2.50-3 euro a pint,look for happy hours.and if eating out eat away from the fort on the harbour. where it is more expensive.the euro is slowly starting to go up now. with a bit of luck by June you will get a bit more for your money. buy any duty free in the supermarkets it is a rip off at the airport.Julie

Scotland
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: price of food and drink

It can be as expensive or as cheap as you want it. Have a wander about and check out the various retaurants and bars in the area and compare what they have to offer.Some places down the harbour front do 3 courses for €8 or €9 and pints of lager for €1-50. Most decent restaurants do set 3 course menus for around €10-15.Many of the bars do reasonably priced full breakfasts with tea,coffee and toast,just be careful if you buy fresh orange as this can cost more than the food.There are plenty of takeaways like Pizza Hut,McDonalds etc with pricing the same as here. Most bars are not much dearer for drink than the UK as long as you keep to local spirits and beers.Before you eat and drink anywhere make sure you look at the boards they have outside showing the prices so that you don't get stung after you've ordered.Buy any toiletries and personal products in the UK before you go as they can be expensive in Cyprus.If you need to use transport usually the bus is much cheaper than a taxi,€1.50 single journey anywhere between the Water Park to Coral Bay.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
11,198 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: price of food and drink

I agree with Stephen and Dav it can be as cheap or as expensive as you like. There is a huge selection of places to eat and drink. I wouldn't be put off by this. Most of the Euro zoneis expensive these days.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: price of food and drink

were in cyprus right now and when we first went shopping (in E + S) were shocked at the high prices. We then found papantonious(?) which seemed a little cheaper. Generaly tho if you stay away from ready meals/chips etc and eat the local food, its cheaper.

Dont know if you are self catering or not, but its sometimes almost as cheap to eat out rather than buy ingredients. Wine starts at about €1.80, spirits from €4 a litre and lager about 70 cents in the supermarkets oh coke etc is €2.50 2litres and cartons of juice range from about €1 - over €2

swansea
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: price of food and drink

last year we stayed at paphos keo was 1-2 euro on harbour front

3-4 euros in hotel my friend stayed a couple of weeks ago said it was about the same

you can eat cheap if you look around

Abu Dhabi, United...
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: price of food and drink

Cyprus is definitely not cheap. I've just returned from 16 days and thought everything was really expensive (except for petrol). Even light meals out like a sandwich and drink cost about 10 EUR per person. Mezze is good value if you like the Cypriot style food and huge quantities - these are from about 14-25 EUR but drinks are on top. I found most places an espresso coffee cost 3 or 3.50 EUR.

Best value for money is self catering but even the cost of basic ingredients in the supermarkets is around double what you would pay at home.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: price of food and drink

I believe Karlina's have been doing a 3 course meal for €8.50 for the last year and some restaurants by McDonalds the same. Again it depends on where you go

Kev

sarf west London
Level Contributor
184 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: price of food and drink

Kev, I have noticed you seem to know yer food n'drink (beer).

Where have you been eating n' drinking lately.

Thanks,

Portsmouth, New...
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: price of food and drink

We have just got back and I think it was a bit cheaper than last year. We stayed in Paphos where you could get a pint of Keo for 2-3 euros. 2.2 in the First and Last bar. We ate out a few times for 30-40 Euro's for the three of us. In more up market places it was close to 60 euro's including drink.