We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Topic
Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

It's been 15 years since I last visited Cyprus and at that time you could not cross the border from the Greek to the Turkish side of the island. I have visited both sides independently, but wondered if you are now able to cross the border freely, as I am planning a trip to Cyprus (Paphos) in the summer and would love the chance to do this?

Also, anyone know what the kids entertainment is like at Kefalos Beach Village? I have an 11 year old and a 6 year old.

Thanks

Hampshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

Hi again Irene!

Forgot to say about the kids' club....I don't think it's the same sort of club as the Thomson Superfamilies would provide maybe, but looked very enjoyable all the same. Think as kids get bigger they like a different sort of entertaining and less 'looking after' maybe and I know my boys seemed to prefer the less formal hotel run ones to the Tour company ones as they got older. There is also a small crazy golf, big playground on the sea front, table tennis, small arcade, pool table and water sports on the beach. There is a lovely big crazy golf place next to the karting track at the other end of Paphos (near the Avanti etc). Also try the lovely Tea for Two restaurant at the top of the road, they are so welcoming, love the kids, and do jelly and ice-cream, toasted teacakes etc yummy! Have a great time. I'm so jealous!

Sharon.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
308 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

Hi Sharon

Thanks for taking the time to answer my post in such detail. This kind of information up-front is fantastic. It's nice to have an idea of what you are going to in advance.

I'm looking forward to the holiday, counting the weeks!! Hope you don't have to wait too long until your next one!!!

Thanks again.

Irene

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
31 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

Hi - we have just done the crossing over the border thing 2 days ago. This is how we did it and it all went very smoothly.

We drove our hire car to Nicosia and parked it at the very safe Ledra Arcade car park (10 Euro for just over 24 hours)

www.woolworthgroup.com.cy/en/prop_arcade.php

The Ledra Crossing is a few mins walk away. You would have to google for maps etc.

We got our Turkish visas without a hitch and had a leisurely stroll across the border.

We found a taxi very quickly and it cost 25 Euro to get to Kyrenia - about a 40 minute drive away. We had already booked the Dome hotel for 95 Euro that morning and we had a fabulous stay with a sea view from our room.

Now back to the taxi driver - we had done a bit of wheeling and dealingen route and we arranged for him to come back to pick us up at 11am the next day to take us on a grand tour of Famagusta, Salamis and a few monasteries and abbeys we wanted to see. We came to an agreement that 100 Euro would change hands. He was great - spoke very broken English but we had the Rough Guide anyhow to inform ourselves with! He saved us lots of walking and faffing around. He would drop us right where we wanted and he was there to pick us up at our convenience.

After an exhausting day, he drove us back to the Ledra crossing. Job done!

14. Re: Crossing the Border and Family Entertainment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 05:16