We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

Bucks
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

been looking into car hire & every site i've looked at it seems they require either an extortionate deposit to be left or creit card details. iam really worried we are going to get ripped off.. I've heard horror stories of car hire places taking money for damage that the hirers didn't do. My other prob is I've only got about £200 on my current c/c availible & sure won't have that much cash to leave with them.. is there a way around this? I want simple car hire with no hidden costs, who explain it in simple terms without having to read through 3 pages of small print.. which i understand none of! Help!

lancs
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

Hi,We use Westend Travel,they are a very reputable company that we have used for many years now.Michael the owner is very good and will give you a good price,you dont pay anything up front,just settle it when you get the car,you can pay cash if you want to (this is what we do ).There are no hidden extras in the price you pay.They will drop it at the airport for you or you can have it delivered to wherever you are staying.I'm sure you will have no trouble using this compay,we have booked them again for this October.Here is the link if you want it,if you want any other info please just ask.

westend@cy​tanet.com.c​y

Marie.

Bucks
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

Phew! Thanks ever so marie x

Bucks
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

hi marie, this link doesn't exist!

lancs
Level Contributor
982 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

westend@cy​tanet.com.c​y

Hi Dangermouse,this is the email i use all the time and i have no problem,if its not opening as a link ,just put in as email address.Let me know if it works ok.

Marie.

5. Re: Car hire - deposit/credit card that needs to be left

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2011, 07:28