We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

money exchange

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
money exchange

Hi ,Off to Paphos 4th Sept, is it a better rate in Cyprus than in UK should I wait to get out there before I exchange, anybody just back know rates?thanks Joe

north west england
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: money exchange

It's always slightly better to exchange in the country you're visiting than in your home country. But it's usually very marginal.

Personally, I just use my card at ATMs as & when I need cash.

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: money exchange

Hi just came back from Paphos my advice is exchange your money in the uk,the harbour area wasnt a bad exchange rate but the tomb of the kings road area was only 1.13 euro to the pound compared at the time to 1.18 in the uk.

preston
Level Contributor
663 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: money exchange

thanks janjliverpool, Thomson where we booked have said they would give us a good deal on exchange because of the number of people we,ve booked with them, 28 in all, so I might take them up on that offer . Not messing about changing money over there then . Thanks for that p.s did you have a good time?

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: money exchange

People are normally recommended to change money in the shops along the waterfront just before the harbour.

They normally get a better RoE than in UK.

Tomb of the Kings Road is probably NOT the best place, as per janLiverpoolUk's experience.

Thomsons may give a good deal. But a good deal for who - them I expect!

Anyone with a Nationwide Debit Card will get the best deal, by using an ATM.

However, SURELY a local expert will make the next posting, and give you the name of the best place, and the current going rate.

Devon
Level Contributor
78 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: money exchange

Use the "Hellenic Bank" atm's. My step mother has a card with them and to be honest they have always done us the best deals on cash, the higher exchange rate from all of the banks. Or next to the Dive Centre in the central market if you have cash to change...walk from "Papa Antonious" towards to market, its the first little shop on your right! oh and to change here in the UK - usually you will find the Post Office is the best I just got 1 - 1.18Euros.

Hope that helps you out.

Carl

liverpool uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: money exchange

hi yes had a very good time,weather was wall to wall sunshine and very hot.If you get the chance go on a boat trip they are good value and you can haggle to get a good deal.We went on one from paphos harbour to coral bay 58 euro for 2 adults and 2 teenagers including lunch well worth the money.

swadlincote
Level Contributor
494 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: money exchange

Hi

this is a little late for now, but could be of use in the future.

go to www.crowncurrencyexchange.com. you order and pay for currency well in advance of the required date for delivery. and you get a good rate ; at the moment for delivery at the end of sept they are offering 1.22 euro to the £, with no commission

Edited: 31 August 2010, 12:59
8. Re: money exchange

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2011, 05:18