We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trip to egypt from paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
trip to egypt from paphos

Will be going to Cyprus on holiday on 23rd March for 2 weeks and on looking for trips to Egypt, find they dont seem to run until later in the season. Would appreciate if anyone knows if its possible to go at this time and can they reccomend a good company to book with. Thank you

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
754 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Suggest you contact your Tour Operator. They usually can do the day flight to Cairo, it is quite tiring but I thought well worth the money. If Tour Operator can't help you leave it till you get to Paphos and you will still get on trip. It is usually going in March, it is just the cruises that don't start till later.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Thomson sell the Cairo by Air excursion but normally this starts running in April/ May, however if there is enough demand they might start the flight at an earlier date- check out the Thomson website as you can pre-book the excursion from there

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Thanks for your replies, will check with Thompsons as we are booked to travel with them.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

You may not much sense from anyone at this time as I think these trips used Eurocypria as the airline which has very recently and suddenly closed. Cyprus Air is picking some of their flights but not all and local news suggests that they are on short term damage limitation actions at present and 2011 is not yet thought through.

plymouth, uk
Level Contributor
44 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Hello,

This was exactly the info I was after as Im due to travel in Feb 2011 and have come across the same problem. I 've looked on the Thomson website but they only do may to oct. I've also googled random companies just to get an idea of price so we can budget for it but to no avail. Has anyone managed to find a company who will run this trip in Feb? I have no problems booking it there I just wanted an idea of price.

Thanks

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh, Red Sea and Sinai, Side
Level Contributor
20,111 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Hi,

Just wanted to poimt out the link under the Top Q down the right side of the forum & refer folk to a previous thread about making sure you're "clued-up" for Egypt / Cairo:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g190384-i9212-k3…

Regards

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

Hi

Went into my local Thomsons also to ask about availability of trips to Egypt once we arrived in Cyprus. As you discovered they begin later in the season, however one of the girls was really helpful and she had done this trip herself last year and looked up for me the Company she had booked with. It was with Varianos Travel, Louis Cruise Lines. They appear to do several different cruises and you can contact them for prices which I have yet to do.

Regards

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

The original post was likely to be have been about the day trip by air from Pathos Airport to Cairo, it seems to have been a popular trip but the airline closed in November and so future flights are in doubt.

There are also cruises, sail Limassol to Port Said overnight, day in Cairo return overnight to Cyprus, similar also run to Israel. Due to restart March / April and there appear to be 2 separate operators, Salamis and Louis Lines that run these trips and there is no reason to doubt at present that they will be running in 2011. Bookings I assume through a variety of agents and tour operators.

9. Re: trip to egypt from paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2011, 06:42