We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

We are planning a trip to Cyprus (possibly Paphos) this October half term, and would like opinions on which 4 or 5 star hotel would suit a family with 2 active young boys. We need a break from self catering, so are after less stuffy eating arrangements, great pools and a great beach.

Thanks for your helps guys!

wales
Level Contributor
555 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

Hi Tillsville

Oh heck that's a bit of a tall order! One man's meat etc...

As an avid supporter of the All inc. board, I would always advise this for families with young kids. Drinks and snacks alone in the tourist areas can be quite expensive, but in the All inc. hotels, everything is included, and in the 4* & 5* hotels, that would usually include entertainment during the day and evening. When you compare prices with other types of board, then it really works out cheaper in the long run. Some even do packed lunches for you to take on any excursions you may book. We did used to go out a couple of evenings for something to eat, for a change, but it still worked out cheaper in the long run, than going b&b or half board. You know what kids are like, can i have?? can i have??

When our kids were young, I used to go and get brochures from the travel shops and then look through and narrow down which ones suited our needs. Then i would check out the reviews and make my decision from there. I know First Choice used to do family resorts, specifically for young families, with lots of activities included, but you would have to decide what appeals to you all.

Hth

S S W

Edited: 04 February 2011, 15:24
Leamington Spa...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

Thanks for that SummersunshineWales, will check out the All inclusive hotels and see what I find, appreciate it.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
10,230 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

I agree it is a good idea to have a look at brochures or even scroll down the hotel reviews on the left of this page and narrow it down.

You are not going to get great beaches in Paphos they tend to be small and a bit rocky. If you are thinking long stretches of golden sand then you need to go to the East of the Island somewhere like Protaras or Pernera.

The Mediterranean Beach in Limassol is a good four star which is not too stuffy and is on a sandy beach but it is black sand. Not sure if the Alymyra in Paphos would appeal to you as a hotel.

I am sure someone who is an expert on the east of the island can recommend some good child friendly hotels for you in that region and it may be your best bet.

If you do find a hotel that appeals in Paphos or Limassol and want a bit more information please let us know.

Twigs

4. Re: Travelling with 2 kids (7+ 9) which 4*/5* hotel is suitable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations