We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches in Paphos

swindon
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches in Paphos

Hi,

im looking at booking a holiday for June and am looking at Paphos, but i'm a bit worried about the beaches. In most of the pictures i've seen it looks as though they are small and rocky - is this the case?

I've been looking at the pioneer beach hotel (if anyone has stayed here, let me know your opinions)

It will just be me and my boyfriend (28&33) we like a nice quiet holiday, but with options for going out if we feel like it, like nice restaurants and things to do, and a nice sandy beach!

Any advice would be great - we've not been to cyprus before so don't really know what to expect. Been to Kefalonia and Kos which we loved, Corfu and Zante - not so much!

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches in Paphos

There are not many sandy beaches in the Paphos area but If you stay at the pioneer beach there is a nice one about a 5- 10 min walk from you. There is in my opinion roughly 7 sandy beaches, a disgrace I know considering what the east coast have but then we have more to see and do then the east coast.

Have not stayed in the pioneer beach but have been there a few times and I have always said I don't think you will find a bad 3 to 5* hotel over here. You will also be within walking distance of plenty of Bars and Restaurants.

Kev

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches in Paphos

Many of the hotel beaches in Paphos are man made- as mentioned the sandy beaches are in the Protaras area of the island.- and its not always easy to get into the sea because of rocks. The Pioneer has good reports. Can you identify why you didnt particularly like Corfu and Zante ? .

swindon
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches in Paphos

Thanks for your replies. I have just gone into town and booked it, so hopefully it will be nice! I went to Corfu in october last year to Sidari and it rained pretty much all week, never a good thing, although i should have known given the time of year! It was just really run down. Im sure there are lovely parts of the island but due to the rain we didn't really explore too much. Zante was much the same, again chose the wrong location - laganas, very noisy, not really our scene although we hired a car and saw the nice parts! with Kefalonia and Kos we chose nicer locations, a stones throw from the beach and not in the center of town, so the nightlife was there when we fancied but it was a bit of a walk away.

Chorley
Level Contributor
667 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches in Paphos

Hi

You will find the Pioneer a very quiet and chilled out hotel with excellent facilties, food and service, as you probably know it is adults only which obviously helps with the atmosphere.

The hotels gardens extend down to the beach which although small you will always find a good spot with plenty of sunbeds and parasols. The sand is of the course type.

A ten minute walk from the hotel will take you to bars, restaurants and a supermarket, although there is one of these on site for essentials.

Have a great holiday, we have always enjoyed it there.

5. Re: Beaches in Paphos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:16