We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

We are travelling with our seven month old son to Cyprus later this week to stay at the Coral Beach Resort, Paphos.

Does anyone know if there are any supermarkets nearby that sell baby products? i.e. Pampers nappies, baby wipes, SMA formula, English brand baby foods etc.

I’m having a little trouble trying to fit everything in to our cases whilst staying within our luggage limit and it would be so much easier to get a few bits whilst we are there. However, I want to be certain that we will be able to get what we need.

Also, does anyone know what there is within walking distance of this hotel? Should we expect to be staying in the hotel grounds during the day, or should we consider hiring a car? Presumably they would be able to provide a baby car seat.

Many thanks for your help.

hills above coral...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

two supermarkets near by with all the goods but the cost is more than uk

the bus service is ok from coral bay into paphos and the market

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

As Davy stated and there is a supermarket opposite the Hotel and a far bigger Hypermarket on the Coral bay road heading towards St George. Failing these 2 I would suggest popping into one of the Papps supermarket in the surrounding area's. Also by (hopefully) end of April this year Lidl is opening in Ppahos and they are a lot cheaper for everything Thank god for competition lol

Bus service runs every 15 mins and stops outside the hotel and yes car hire should provide seat belts as a requirement of EU law and I say that with a pinch of salt lol

Kev

portsmouth
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

Hi, we stayed in coral beach last year with a 1 year old, there are shops within walking distance of your hotel which will sell everything you need but as other people have said at a great deal more. We hired a car with child seat and travelled to the nearest big supermarket to stock up when we arrived,, a note we are returning again this year as we really found it suited all our needs with a toddler .,enjoy you holiday

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

Have stayed regularly in this area since my kids were 2 years old. Nappies, babyfood and other stuff all readily available. You can get the barnded stuff i.e. pampers but at a premium. We just got the local brand which I think was called something like Mammas. They were just as good and to be honest when they are scuffling around on the beach and you get them covered in sand why pay more!!!

Coral Bay is a nice family resort and the kids are welcomed everywhere. Quite a few of the restaurants have high chairs and changing facilties and those that don;t will bend over backwards to accommodate you.

There is a play park just off the main drag in Coral Bay which is aimed at young children. Also there is a bird and animal park about a 10 drive away which our kids loved. A trip into Paphos for the water park is another option as they have quite a large area for young kids. Overall plenty to occupy them and a nice friendly family orientated resort and a lovely hotel which I have admired from afar but never plucked up the courage to pay the price to stay there!! Enjoy.

Cumbria, England
Level Contributor
670 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

Oh and forgot to say on the babyseat question. They wil charge you about 3 or 4 euros per day per babyseat. We needed two seats so the cost was going to be crazy. However Netto sell booster car seats (all to correct safety standards) for £4, they usually start selling them beginning of summer. We bought these and wrapped them in brown paper and put them into our handluggage or failing that they will take them in the hold as they weigh next to nothing.

We then used them whilst out there and it didn't matter if they got sandy etc and then we just left them in the car when we handed it back. Saved us about e150!!! Definately worth considering!!!

6. Re: Supermarket near Coral Bay Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 18:18