We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chocolate Easter Eggs

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chocolate Easter Eggs

Do shops sell UK Easter eggs?

Or weird Euro stuff

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
554 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

Both! I take it you're going to be over here at Easter, don't worry you can buy UK brand chocolate eggs in all the main supermarkets, but being imported there are probably a bit more pricey than in the UK

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,122 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

Is there an UK owned major chocolate maker?

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

LOL! Probably not any more, although it depends on the definition of "major". Hotel Chocolat are (I believe) UK owned and growing steadily - and they make exceedingly good chocolate Easter eggs :-)

To the OP: if you take chocolate eggs to Cyprus, make sure they don't melt en route. Cars and airports are hot places, best not to put any chocolate in your suitcase and then put the suitcase in the boot of your rental car before you set off on a 2-hour drive to your accommodation during the midday heat, or you may end up drinking your eggs instead of eating them.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

"Drinking eggs" Lol

Yes going over Easter

Fred! Thats not funny even if true. I still think of Cadburys as being Brit but quite right darn liars who bought it.

I am definately not carrying them on plane

Euro stuff has nuts so makes the littlebigone projectile V

Nicosia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

Theres a great place in the Troodos Mountains. It's called Platres Chocolate Workshop and its owned and run by an English couple. John, the owner is a master Chocolatier and makes all kinds of Easter Eggs - large and small, cheap and expensive (in fact a few years ago he made the worlds most expensive Easter Egg that went in the Guiness book of records). Certailly their eggs are the best by far in Cyprus

6. Re: Chocolate Easter Eggs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 March 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about Paphos