We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Thinking of booking the Elysium (have stayed before and loved it) but BA flights to Paphos are quite expensive. Almost half the price to Larnaca. Is it unrealistic to fly to Larnaca? How long will it take in a taxi from there to Paphos and roughly how much?

Thanks

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Hi Jackie

I would say it is unrealistic as it would take you just under 2 hrs from Larnaca to Paphos and a taxi would be expensive

Kev

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

I thought as much. Thanks for the reply. Probably better off paying the extra on the flight directly into Paphos.

Ayia Napa, Cyprus
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

I wouldn't say it was that un realistic as in many other places such as turkey transfers can be almost that long anyway when main resorts are over 100km from the airport.

I would agree though than taxis' will probably be quite expensive but have you considered hiring a car and driving? its motorway all the way and very well signposted. driving is on the left and car hire may well work out cheaper than getting a taxi and then you'll have it to use during your stay as well.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
242 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

You could always stay at the Four Seasons or the Amathus Beach in Limassol which are only about 40 minutes from Larnaca Airport and equally as nice as the Elysium in my opinion.

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Thanks for all your replies, I have gone with Easyjet afterall to Paphos!

Torpoint, United...
Destination Expert
for Larnaka City, Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
5,942 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Have a look at travel republic, their transfer prices are good.Julie

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

Hi Jackie

Done the right thing I would rather have a 15 min transfer to paphos rather then a 2 Hr + especially at night

Kev

Worcester, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

We did the BA flight to Larnaca then hired a car and drove to the Elysium - took about 90 minutes I think.

9. Re: Is Larnaca Airport Too Far?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:16