We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amathus Hotel Paphos

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Amathus Hotel Paphos

Staying at amathus in next few weeks - is there a supermarket close by? I believe you can walk to the harbour fairly easily but how long does it take to walk into paphos town?

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

Hi Birchall

It would be too far to walk into the old town but there is a regular bus service which stops near enough outside the hotel. To walk to the bid Papps supermarket by the harbour is about 15 - 20 mins walk

Kev

Shropshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

many thanks Kev - what do you think of this hotel? Although we are half board can you suggest good quality restaurants close-by?

The weather seems to be warming up now!

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
397 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

If you want an excellent restaurant, then you must visit Gabors restaurant which is a few hundred yards away from Amathus inthe opposite direction to the harbour.The food, service and ambience are first class.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

Hi Birchall

I agree with Lucy and there are also

Royal Jasmin

Ocean Basket

The Classic fantastic place

Coliseum

Kev

Shropshire
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

many thanks to Lucy and kev

is the amathus worth the money we are spending?????

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

Hi Birchall

Hard to say as I don't know what your paying at the Amathus and everyone has their own idea of what you want, me personally I would want something clean and tidy and a comfy bed

Kev

norfolk
Level Contributor
100 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

Sunbow on the triangle is lovely too, also ficardos, and further down two streets downyou will find Za-Zas' its a great place to eat.

also opposite the Aylmera hotel is Adelaida cheap meals and good value great food, the owner is a great woman called Laura.

St Helens, United...
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
682 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

It's hard to quantify not knowing how much the holiday has cost you, but be assured it's in a very nice part of Paphos. The 'triangle' is directly opposite and turning right there's a strip of really good restaurants. Whether they're all open early in the season I'm not certain. I'm sure you'll have a great stay.

Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
397 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

Have to agree, Sunbows is great and also ZaZas, which is Gabors sister restaurant.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,548 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Amathus Hotel Paphos

We were in Paphos on Monday and walked from the harbour along the beach path and had coffee in the Amathus and then walked back along the road. It really doesn't take very long.

We were staying in Pissouri but have stayed at the Amathus many times so just called in for a visit. I think it is a fabulous hotel and the standards of service are great. Just got home about an hour ago. The weather was fantastic today.