We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBPounds to Cyprus Euro

PR3 3FT
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
GBPounds to Cyprus Euro

Going to Paphos shortly. Could the kind Trip advisor members who live in Cyprus give me the answer to the following question:-

Is it worth taking GBPounds to Cyprus to exchange for the the EURO. If so could you give me the current rate of exchange? Any useful information would be very well received. Thank you.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: GBPounds to Cyprus Euro

Hi guernika

Today's rate is €1.14 to the £ here's the link I use

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

The rate as you know bounces up and down on a daily basis so it the rate is €1.14 on XE Currency you will get €1.12 at the shops in Paphos. You will have to decide whether it is beneficial to you to either exchange it at the Post Office or bring the dosh over and change it here.

I find it better for me to use cash at the shops then through the bank

Kev

PR3 3FT
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: GBPounds to Cyprus Euro

From Guernika14 ( Lancashire OAP) - Thanks Kev for very prompt reply to

my enquiry, Thank you for your information. Will probably bring a mix of

notes over. Although the GBP has strenthened a little today in the UK FX

it would appear that 1.12E to GPB in this climate is moderately good.

Thanks for your info.

3. Re: GBPounds to Cyprus Euro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 14:19