We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kent
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Have been looking at prices and they seem to be coming out to about £25-£30 - seems steep for a 10-15 minute journey. Is this the going rate or can anyone recommend a reliable taxi service that is cheaper please. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

tourists get stitched in every airport

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

agree with Swiss it's the same all over the world why should it be different here lol

Kev

Kent
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Looks like I will just have to bite the bullet then, I suppose. Thanks.

w.yorks
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Why dont you consider hiring a car? Return trip by taxi is going to be £50/60 and from what I've seen around Secret Valley there isn't much going for it re public transport. Dont know your party size or length of stay but I would think a car hire would be a good option.

Kent
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Maycli we have already hired a car from the person who we are hiring the villa from, and they are charging the same price as taxis for a pick up from the airport and have told me that the airport authorities no longer allow them to deliver cars to the airport (I think this is a ruse to get some more money out of us, personally!!) as we would have driven ourselves to the villa otherwise. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,571 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

I think it's definately a ruse!

There is a car park at the airport where cars are left with the keys secreted in an agreed place, and the parking ticket in the glove compartment.

Is it too late for you to hire a car from somewhere else?

Trisha

Edited: 11 April 2011, 15:44
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,743 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Heck

These Cypriots give Egyptians a run for more in inventiveness for deception

Maycli

This villa owner doesnt deserve a booking

Ask for the car for free

Trousers down

england
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

not sure if you have travelled already - if not, try www.steviespaphostaxi.com for reliable experienced english speaking drivers - highly recommended. Hope this helps!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,131 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Hi im of to Paphos next week and im staying in a villa in the Secret Valley area which also like yours includeds car hire for the week , but they are meeting me at the airport and thats where i drop the car off on my way home

if they have told you that you cant pick it up from the airport they are lieing to you or trying to get you to pay more , why would you want to pay for taxis when hiring a car? , if i was you i would give them a earfull and ask for your money back so you can book eleswhere , see how quick they change there mind then

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi prices Paphos Airport - Secret Valley Resort

Airport taxis all over the world aren't all like that.

Many airports also have an established transport infrastructure to get people on their way without the need for rip-off taxis.

In Phnom Penh airport there's even a desk for hiring a tuk-tuk, or motorcycle taxi into town!

Unlike the Cyprus taxi mafia, which rules the roost.