We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices in paphos!!

Which Paphos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Topic
Prices in paphos!!

We are planning to stay at the Avanti Hotel in june and i was just wondering about prices in pahpos just so we know how much to bring, all the things like water, food, cocktails, sprits and beer. we do like to eat out and try different things. we have alsoi got a 7 year old with us and is there things to do for a child that age..

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Hi funkychic24

Just account for €100 between 2 and you should be OK

Kev

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
640 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices in paphos!!

€100 for what, for how long?

I'll be in Paphos for the first time in August and was wondering about this kind of thing too...

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices in paphos!!

The average is €100 per couple per day but obviousley a bit more if you intend to do a session

Kev

Chorley
Level Contributor
664 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Hi

You will get a good three course set meal for around 10 euros per person, Viva Cyprus is very good and gives you a choice of around 10 items per course. Large bottles of lager are around 3 euros, cocktails are around 4 euros. Obviouly you will find it cheaper and soemtimes more expensive.

We pay around 150 euros for a car for 4 days with a full tank of petrol.

I think like Kev said, if you allow 100/125 euro a day you wont be too far off the mark.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices in paphos!!

@djm1311<<<I think like Kev said, if you allow 100/125 euro a day you wont be too far off the mark.>>>

Blimey, Cyprus really has got expensive.

Recently, me and the Mrs between us, spent that in 3 weeks in Tunisia, including accommodation/travel to 4 different parts of the country!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Hi LancasterLad

Well there are not many places like Tunisia left where it is so cheap so I take it you won't be back in Cyprus again lol

Kev

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Kev

We left Cyprus (Peyia) in early 2006, unfortunately with a bitter taste in our mouths.

I promised myself that I'd return in about 15 years time to see how all those thousands of 'jerry-built' concrete boxes were doing!

Other than Tunisia there are quite a few places offering superb value for money, eg most of the South East Asian countries. Trouble is that the flights are expensive, and cancel out the savings of being in the countries. So it makes sense to do those long haul trips several weeks at a time.

Closer to home, we were in Turkey in March. Tourism, even out of season was booming.

Our costs (total for 2 of us) were:

Flights (Easy Jet) - LGW to Istanbul (return) - £150 (inc 1 hold bag each)

Hotels 2 nights B&B (central Istanbul) - £50

Flights (return) - Istanbul - Antalya - £44!!! Cheaper than the bus!!

Accommodation Antalya (Kaleici Old Town) B&B - £100 (6 nights)

Accommodation Side seafront B&B - £29 (3 nights)

Accommodation Manavgat All Inclusive - £110 (5 nights)

Eating out, providing you ate with the locals, was ridiculously cheap. Bottled beer (Efes) was only slightly cheaper than it is in Wetherspoons - Allah is watching so a sin tax is charged!

Getting around is cheap, and the transport network is expansive, and everything seems to run on time.

There are dozens of resorts along the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts, and providing you are a little bit selective you are guaranteed a fabulous time in a fabulous country.

A few years ago I would never ever have considered Turkey, but we can't get enough of it now (3rd time in 15 months).

So, tbh I don't think we'll return to Paphos until it's time to see whether the concrete boxes are still standing - lol!

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Hi LancasterLad

Had a laugh regarding the sin tax lol, I have just returned from Istanbul myself with the wife in April. I agree and was surprised at the cost of travel to turkey and accommodation and transport, but I found (like you) the ale and a meal in a good restaurant quite expensive £30 for a bottle of wine, that's immorale

Kev

Edited: 03 May 2011, 11:38
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices in paphos!!

Kev

That £20-odd quid sin tax on a bottle of wine pays for the Johnny Walker Blue Label that Turkish politicians probably enjoy! Much the same as Cypriot politicians receive in all their little brown paper envelopes from developers and crooked lawyers

Eating out for us was washed down with Efes and/or raki.

Buying wine was cheap enough from the side street mini-markets. You just had to know where they were!

10. Re: Prices in paphos!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:16