We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Bay - What to expect?

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hello All

We are flying to Paphos Sat 7th May. We are staying in a villa in Coral Bay. We travelling with Thomson, so hopefully car collection etc., should go smoothly.

At this time of year is there a problem with mozzies, or is there anything we should be aware of?

All comments greatfully received.

S

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Not so much the mozzies but those damn small gnats that bite as well, apart from them 2 nothing else, plenty of sun factor needed

Kev

lancs
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hi,we have booked a villa again this year in Coral Bay/Peyia,we have been going to Cyprus for over 20 years now,but for the last 4 years we have syaed here,we love it and can't wait to go back again.

We book our villas with Villaplus each time,this year we are staying in a 5 bed villa Toulla.

Where is your villa and who did you book through.

Have a great holiday.

Marie...

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hiya the vlla is in Coral Bay and we booked through Thomson. Its our first time in Cyprus and in a villa. We're flying from Doncaster.

Have you experienced problems with gnats/flies etc. Do we need to take insect repellant?

Thanks

S

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hi Thecypruspiper

Do you think the gnats will be a problem and should we take repellent?

S

lancs
Level Contributor
975 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

To be really honest with you S,we have been at all different times of the year and never had any problems with mozzies or gnats,now that may mean we have been lucky,I don't know,but Kev lives out there, so he knows better,but we have never even taken any repelent,as we have never thought about it at all.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Marie....

Beverley
Level Contributor
198 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hi

We were in Paphos 3 weeks ago staying at the St George and lots of people had a problem with mozzies so if I were you I would take some repellent. One guy had 58 bites on his body. This is the first time in 23yrs that we have been bothered by them to this extent. We sprayed the room and ourselves and got away with a couple of bites and these were when we were outside.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
2,748 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

Hi s0zzle

To be honest I never get bitten so I am the lucky one but not all people are hard skinned like me lol. I would defo take repellant for mozzie and gnats. You do get sand flies which are hungrey fella's and try to stay clear of any tree's or foilage as they seem to trive in these places. Do that and you should be OK

Kev

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,693 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

I was once told that everyone gets bitten, and it depends on how your body reacts to the bites that makes some people suffer and others not.

This winter, on the odd night when I've run out of tabs for the plug in machine in the bedroom - I have been bitten. Without exception! Usually when the weather cools down I don't bother with it, but this year there have been mossies right through the winter.

I use Avon's SSS moisturiser, a plug in machine in the bedroom, and always have a can of mossie spray in the house.

Kev's obviously not tasty enough!!

Happy travels.

Trisha

9. Re: Coral Bay - What to expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Paphos