We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paphos with 2 year old

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
paphos with 2 year old

hi there

was wondering if anyone could help. we've never been to cyprus before so not sure what to expect at all. we are going in may and staying in margarita gardens apartments which is not far from the harbor im told. we are probably not hiring a car as money is a bit tight but we are looking for things to do that are quite accessable either by bus or walking. its me, my husband and our 2 year old so dont want anything thats too far out and tiring.

can anyone tell me how to get to the sandy beaches? from the harbour maybe? bus number or station? finding info really difficult on google and also cant find a decent, understandable map!!!

also if there is anything else child friendly (apart from water park think she is too young and im not a strong swimmer to be honest so not a great day out lol) that we should know about?

also where is the nearest reasonably priced supermarket as we are self catering so with a small child it needs to be our first stop?

my husband is desperate to try a well recommended fish restaurant too if anyone knows of somewhere reasonably priced? and any child friendly not too loud busy restaurants that a family might like?

when we originally booked the holiday money wasnt too much of an issue but now through circumstance is a bit tighter but seen as flights and accomadtion were already booked we are trying to have the best first family holiday that we can. what would u suggest as spending money for a 10 day stay for a family of 2.5?

thanks so much in advance - any help is much appreciated :)

K x

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paphos with 2 year old

Your best supermarket is Papantoniou, it will have everything you need. Your closest one is on the road one block back from the harbour. It's opposite Debenhams. Bring sunscreen as it's much more expensive here. And if you can squeeze tea and coffee in your case, bring that.

There are sunbeds along the waters edge close to the harbour, but the area is decked and so not much fun for your 2 year old. Probably the best beach for you is Coral Bay, which is a 20 minutes bus journey. Buses are only 1 euro per trip. There is also a sandy beach next to the Alexander the Great hotel which is a stroll from your accommodation. The cost of sunbeds and umbrellas (usually €2.50 each per day) can add up on a family holiday, so I'd buy a couple of wicker mats and an umbrella on your first day.

There aren't any "reasonably priced" fish restaurants. Theo's on the harbour is well regarded. All tavernas serve fish and most are offering set menus these days ranging from €10 up for 2/3 courses.

Happy travels!

Trisha

London, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paphos with 2 year old

thank you trisha thats really helpful, i have printed out your reply to take with me.

i think he wants to try cypriot food at its best but we have be warned its very expensive in paphos, will definately go to theos and see what its like.

thank you for the directions to the supermarket too that type of thing is invaluable when u really dont have a clue lol. thank you for the tip on wicker mats and umbrellas - that will be on the shopping list on day one - we are there for 10 days so i think you're right and the saving would be massive!!

thanks again

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
4,747 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paphos with 2 year old

Have a great time!

Trisha

4. Re: paphos with 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 07:54
Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
3 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paphos with 2 year old

Hi

Dont know if you have left for Paphos yet but if not I have some ideas for the little one.

there is a luna park about a mile and half away which is ideal for a 2 year old.

situated after the last hotel on the coast road.

If you have a pushchair it is a lovely walk along the coast behind the hotels or you can catch a bus by walking down to the coast road(about 4 minutes away) and catch a bus coming from the harbour.

Margarita gardens has a llovely pool and is never very busy so you will have a safe time. there are free sunbeds and umberellas.

Restaurants on a buget include ARGO, VIVA CYPRUS and MOONLIGHT.

A walk up Mr Chicken Road (ask around the pool)to the Fruit & Veg Market will be worth a visit and across the road from the market and a little down on the left is a little scruffy looking cafe. You can get the best mixed kebab in the country there for €4

Edited: 19 May 2012, 15:09
6. Re: paphos with 2 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:19