We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

UK
Level Contributor
176 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

Hiya

We are thinking of visiting cyprus for the first time in November. What can we expect the weather/temps to be like? will it be warm enough for chilling by the pool??? Most websites state around 22C-25C...if so, this will probably be the best time to visit for us, as I hate anything higher than 25c!!!

Thanks for reading

Karen

Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,333 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

Hi, we normally go to Cyprus at the end of Sept/Oct for 2 weeks and usually have lovely weather, plus warm evenings and the pool and sea are fairly warm for swimming. I know people that have been the first week of Nov. and have had lovely weather but the days are quite short. When we leave around the 10th Oct. the sun is setting at around 6.15pm and then it gets dark around 6.45pm. So in November it will be alot early cos I think they also alter their clocks. So if you could go a couple of weeks earlier you will get longer days.Where are you hoping to stay. We love Paphos side in Sept/Oct cos there are wonderful sunsets. Barbara

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for Limassol, Cyprus
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

We have been in November and have enjoyed sunshine in the day and nice long leisurely outdoor lunches. Barbara is right though about the length of the day. It can leave you with a few hours at the end of the day when the sun has gone but it is too early to get ready for the evening. We used to walk into Paphos at this time of day. The evenings can be pretty chilly though not really suitable for outdoor dining.

It might suit you just fine if as you say you don't like it too hot. I like it because it seems like a bonus when the weather is horrible here.

Troodos Mountains...
Destination Expert
for Troodos Mountains
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

Between 20 Mar to 23 Sep (approx as it varies slightly) the Cyprus day is shorter than UK, but from 23 Sep to 20 Mar the Cyprus day is longer than UK.

Weather prediction is a bit hit and miss so far this year but here goes. There is probably going to be some rain but usually short intense downpours that are localised. It will be still warm during the and out of any wind it be good "chilling" time. People braver than me will still be swimming in the sea and even possibly in unheated pools. Last year early November was very warm.

4. Re: Thinking of booking 29th Oct for 11 nights.weather questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 16:16